JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Foxbody is on its way to looking halfway decent. Couple more coats of satin black primer, then I should be getting tires for the wheels that were re done at my shop, next week. Should be on the ground soon!

AA471574-8BCC-47D8-88F2-E31D0D1FBDD5.jpeg F2D09593-FE0E-496F-A153-0A4A6DF1B650.jpeg E7102285-33CF-4737-870F-38356BBBF851.jpeg

Two weeks ago, I came up to my car on my way to work and was greeted by smoldering ruins.

My BBC swapped B2200 is no more, it was arson as the vehicle doesn't have a battery and the fuel side was drained (was working on top end rebuild)

It also partially melted my daily driver Tracker and damaged a bike parked in the other side.

A sad day as no one saw anything, the truck burned all the way to the ground. It was strictly a track toy/trailer queen so I didn't have insurance on it either.

200F5FC8-10CE-41E8-B65B-68744D0E5624.jpeg 9B743956-B1D7-4D08-9A80-DEC2EE668E36.jpeg

Two weeks ago, I came up to my car on my way to work and was greeted by smoldering ruins.

My BBC swapped B2200 is no more, it was arson as the vehicle doesn't have a battery and the fuel side was drained (was working on top end rebuild)

It also partially melted my daily driver Tracker and damaged a bike parked in the other side.

A sad day as no one saw anything, the truck burned all the way to the ground. It was strictly a track toy/trailer queen so I didn't have insurance on it either.

View attachment 1374920 View attachment 1374921
Sorry to hear about that. I used to have a B2200, too. They're good trucks.
At least you still have the engine, which you can always drop into something else.

View attachment 1374920 View attachment 1374921
You might check with your homeowners insurance. As a project it may be covered that way.

I bought Wife a NICE cutting board for her Birthday. She must have REALLY liked it since a few days later she comes saying she wants to go look at a new (to us) vehicle. When I was a kid my two favorite "muscle cars" were the Shelby Mustang and the Challenger they put out with that large 8 and tri power. Of course back then it was never going to happen. So when Dodge went retro with the Challenger I really loved how they looked. So turns out Wife was looking and actually wanted to buy one. We test drove one and were going to buy it. Went to bank and got check, then everything came to a screeching halt. Not sure WTF was going on at the dealer. After a LONG time of them making excuses we walked out with the money. Found another place had same car that wanted our money. Now I just have to try to make sure I don't get an expensive damn ticket. Took me a while to get used to this thing after years of driving a Kia with a tiny 4 banger you had to have your foot on the floor to get going. Do that with this thing and things happen VERY quick. :s0140:

I bought Wife a NICE cutting board for her Birthday. She must have REALLY liked it since a few days later she comes saying she wants to go look at a new (to us) vehicle. When I was a kid my two favorite "muscle cars" were the Shelby Mustang and the Challenger they put out with that large 8 and tri power. Of course back then it was never going to happen. So when Dodge went retro with the Challenger I really loved how they looked. So turns out Wife was looking and actually wanted to buy one. We test drove one and were going to buy it. Went to bank and got check, then everything came to a screeching halt. Not sure WTF was going on at the dealer. After a LONG time of them making excuses we walked out with the money. Found another place had same car that wanted our money. Now I just have to try to make sure I don't get an expensive damn ticket. Took me a while to get used to this thing after years of driving a Kia with a tiny 4 banger you had to have your foot on the floor to get going. Do that with this thing and things happen VERY quick. :s0140:
Back in the day...And NOW the two American muscle cars that bring the largest bids it seems on Mecum and Barret Jackson, are what I would have now if I wanted that kind of car. The '70-pre '70 Mopar's and the GTO's. Dammit! But YOU enjoy it. I think they are quite good looking, but you can't make the engines sound good.
Favorite car now is all wheel drive with a modicum of ground clearance as I frequently like to take the road less traveled.

Back in the day...And NOW the two American muscle cars that bring the largest bids it seems on Mecum and Barret Jackson, are what I would have now if I wanted that kind of car. The '70-pre '70 Mopar's and the GTO's. Dammit! But YOU enjoy it. I think they are quite good looking, but you can't make the engines sound good.
Favorite car now is all wheel drive with a modicum of ground clearance as I frequently like to take the road less traveled.
I have her talked into getting some Glasspacks on it now too. The first one we were going to buy had them and it was fun listening to the thing go through all 8 gears going up and down. This one does not have that sound but she is all in on making it sound like that too. :D
If I ever win the lotto I will get a restored Shelby. Still love those things. To own one now though I would have to be able to laugh off losing 100K or so since if I buy one and some idiot hits me, I would be out.
Everyone where I work was of course admiring the new ride. I kept telling them it was my midlife crisis car. :s0140:

Everyone where I work was of course admiring the new ride. I kept telling them it was my midlife crisis car. :s0140:
That's beautiful man! If I were to get a bum around town, simple grocery getter car, I think it would be incredible to just get a plain old Chevy Nova, old man car. AC would be nice. Nothing fancy, decent ,mileage, low insurance, parts available. Look what cars today cost? A fricking USED car with 50K on it will run you 15-20K Find a 1974 4-door sedan for $10,000.00 and run it for the next 20 years! If the bastidges will let you!

The part about the Kia made me chuckle. I'd been driving a Kia Rio for the last couple of years (then a 96 Camry for a very short time) before getting my new Mustang. We called the Kia the Invisible Turdle. You could rip around town and it just blended in with traffic. Nobody paid attention to it at all.

The part about the Kia made me chuckle. I'd been driving a Kia Rio for the last couple of years (then a 96 Camry for a very short time) before getting my new Mustang. We called the Kia the Invisible Turdle. You could rip around town and it just blended in with traffic. Nobody paid attention to it at all.
I used to have a Chevy Vega that was like that.

Isn't that KIA one of those that had the "glitch" that allows them to be stolen VERY easily?

Isn't that KIA one of those that had the "glitch" that allows them to be stolen VERY easily?
Yes it is. Many insurance Co's are dropping them if the owners do not get a "fix". So far ours has not forced it on us. It may be due to ours being a manual. When I went to look for them I had no intention of buying new. I found a few of these 2018's in 2019, they were selling for several K less than ones a couple years old. Then I found out it was due to so few knowing how to drive a manual any more they could not sell them. Was kind of funny. Kia and Hyundai are rolling out some kind of "fix" for this now I have heard.

I shouldn't bad mouthed a KIA since I drove a Hyundai Excel for years in the 90's. It was one of the first imported 1985, boxy, manual transmission and downright plain (ugly). It had no power, but great gas mileage - 35 mpg commuting.

I bought it from my Dad, who bought it new for $4,995. He didn't really know how to drive an under powered car and would be in 4rth gear at 30 mph. The engine didn't have the torque for that and gave up at 60,000. Dropped a new motor in it and I drove it for about 5 years and sold it to a friend. It got better mileage than my truck, so I saved a fortune.

My Dad was used to driving a 1962 GMC shortbed with a 305 ci V6 positraction, three on the tree. We could outrun sportscars including Corvettes in second gear - for a while. I loved that truck, but by the time i could have it, it was bretty beat up and rusty - farm truck.

Yes it is. Many insurance Co's are dropping them if the owners do not get a "fix". So far ours has not forced it on us. It may be due to ours being a manual. When I went to look for them I had no intention of buying new. I found a few of these 2018's in 2019, they were selling for several K less than ones a couple years old. Then I found out it was due to so few knowing how to drive a manual any more they could not sell them. Was kind of funny. Kia and Hyundai are rolling out some kind of "fix" for this now I have heard.
I presume they have fixed that "Glitch"? We're getting real close to getting a new car. Really hate to give up on Honda/CRV. This '05 has been a great car. 129,000 and nary a problem. I have to have the AWD. The new CRVs are spendy and ugly IMO. Look to have less space inside and a bigger footprint. We may look at KIA and Hyundai, but I have a feel they are priced up very close to Honda, Toyota and Subaru.

I presume they have fixed that "Glitch"? We're getting real close to getting a new car. Really hate to give up on Honda/CRV. This '05 has been a great car. 129,000 and nary a problem. I have to have the AWD. The new CRVs are spendy and ugly IMO. Look to have less space inside and a bigger footprint. We may look at KIA and Hyundai, but I have a feel they are priced up very close to Honda, Toyota and Subaru.
Depends on what you like but for small suv you can get a well maintained merc glk for about $12k. Best car in snow and ice I've ever driven by a long shot and I've pretty much had them all (startedbuying and selling cars from young age to pay for college). If reliability is primary factor above all else I would buy Toyota personally.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top