JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a delema I am going to be getting a hand gun it's not my first I have had Ruger single actions and double actions only Supper Redhawks a couple 1911s and a couple of Gloks they just don't fit my hand I know they are great guns just not for me so it's going to be a black hawk, redhawk style or 1911 as for the 1911s I have found 3 I really like first on my list is a Dan Wesson Vigil then Sringfield Range Officer Eliteiether in 45 cap and 10mm so what would be your choice. The guns purpose would be non conceal carry for woods walking, fishing, hiking home protection and target shooting thanks

Get what you'd like not what the interwebs says. I like single action revolvers, I have 5 of them in various calibers and configurations. I also have 2 1911's, 4 other semi autos and 3 double action revolvers. as you can see the correct number of guns is just one more.

All good advise there is a nice 4.2" redhawk in 44 mag that would fit and I don't need high capacity nines or anything like that and Gloks are good but not for me it's either a 1911 or revolver and the store that I'm going to has plenty of amo in the flavors I'm looking at

All good advise there is a nice 4.2" redhawk in 44 mag that would fit and I don't need high capacity nines or anything like that and Gloks are good but not for me it's either a 1911 or revolver and the store that I'm going to has plenty of amo in the flavors I'm looking at
So what's the dilemma? You listed a few nice 1911's. Being a BIG 1911 fan I like them too. Nothing in the woods here in this state would be too big for a 10mm. It's a great round. It's seen such a large following last few years that ammo price came down as supply went up. At least before this latest panic. This one too should soon be over so that's no problem.
Now the .44's are not my thing but hell if they work for you why not. Of course the best solution is both:)
Also when you get one or both, make sure you post some pics to the rest of us can look on with jealousy :D

I will I think the 10mm makes a lot of sense for what I want and I think the Quality of the Sprinfield elites very close to the Dan Wesson it's just that the Dan Wesson is so look prety

I will I think the 10mm makes a lot of sense for what I want and I think the Quality of the Sprinfield elites very close to the Dan Wesson it's just that the Dan Wesson is so look prety
Pretty sure either one will make you very happy. Of course what I would want to do is have both :D
Every time I walk into a place that sells guns the first and last place I have to look is where the 1911's are. They all look like they are calling to me to take them home:D:D

If you like 1911's you might look for one in 38 Super.
Now that round did have real potential. Sadly it for some reason never did seem to catch on. It seems quite rare any more to see the round or pistols to use it. I remember when Mexico took the guns away from their people we got a flood of 1911's in .38 Super here. The .45 was not legal there but .38 Super was. For a good while you could pick up very nice 1911's in this caliber but even then the ammo was really hard to come by and when found there was one loading. Now days of course anyone who rolls can make what they want. I still rarely seem to see the ammo.

If its for the woods and/or home defense buy a G40 (10mm). They work every time and hit hard. No reason to buy expensive or pretty. There are some very nice guns out there of high quality, but that is not what I think your saying your needs are. My 2 cents

If its for the woods and/or home defense buy a G40 (10mm). They work every time and hit hard. No reason to buy expensive or pretty. There are some very nice guns out there of high quality, but that is not what I think your saying your needs are. My 2 cents
But it's not a 1911 :s0140:
Seriously though I have LONG said even though I have a never ending love for 1911's I do know there is better designs now. From what I see I am far from alone here. Suspect if they ever come up with something like the phaser on that corny sci-Fi show for us there will be a few of us still caring our 1911's :D

as for the 1911s I have found 3 I really like first on my list is a Dan Wesson Vigil then Sringfield Range Officer Eliteiether in 45 cap and 10mm so what would be your choice.
I have a Vigil and a Springfield Loaded, Would not hesitate to buy either of them again but if I had no choice but to get only 1 it would be the Dan Wesson but the Loaded model probably doesn't compare to the quality of the RO Elite...
The Dan Wessons fit, finish, trigger and precision is superior to the Loaded. I do know the Vigils trigger will be hard to beat...

Seriously though I have LONG said even though I have a never ending love for 1911's I do know there is better designs now.
Blasphemy I say... The 1911 design is well suited into the future.

Final-1_SPDuo-scaled.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads