JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I'm going skeet shooting for the first time next weekend with my buddy so I went out today and bought 75 12Gg 8 shot rounds from Winchester, I think they're Super-X rounds. What can I do with the shells? Or what do people usually do with them? I'd be happy to give them to whomever would like them afterwards.

The Winchester Super-X and other shells like them are largely worthless... they don't stand up to reloading except maybe once, and even then, they usually split. they are useful as art projects, for spider traps, dunnage, and targets (I like to set them up at 50 yards and shoot them with my .22). Other than that, I just throw them away.

Some shells like the Remington Duck and Pheasant shells are excellent for reloading slugs.. but most skeet shells are not worth much. I was given about 5K of them, once fired along with 125 lbs of Hornady 7.5 and 8 shot, going to load them up sometime for grouse hunting

SG reloading is very PARTICULAR. Factors to consider are: gauge, hull mfn, wad mfn, shot size/type, load weight, power type and weight, etc... It's not like reloading metalic cartridges.

All in all........

Some hulls are very sought after, as there is reliable reloading data available.

Then, some hulls (due to their construction) are basically junk. Not to mention, that there is no reliable reloading data for some hulls.

Otherwise......it's EXPERIMENTATION time.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads