JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today I made a very capable first aid kit. I also signed up for a "shooting on the move" training course that another member of this forum is putting on locally. After all, my carry weapon is useless without training.

well i am officially prepaired with the best guns i can afford and plenty of ammo for each. also ordered 6 extra batterys for my cell phone, charged and packed them in my survival tubs. when the power goes out, your home phone will not work and neither will your cell phone charge! u can get jus about any cell battery via ebay for $1 or $2 each.

i havent worked on stashing too much food and water, i figure if u r well strapped (gun and ammo) whos to stop u from getting the food and water u need? although i will prepare and get some foods and water...

made a partial list of the frequencies on hf/vhf. that are used for emergency contact protocal. should i need to bug out, or if i am out in the wilderness and break down.

Installed a 2 meter Ham radio and inventoried truck:
Tow strap & 20' of chain
Flares
Chains
First aid kit
12v air pump
Emergency flasher & safety vest
Toolbox
Chainsaw, mix oil, chainlube, file, wedges, etc.
Axe & Shovel
Gunsafe & truckgun, ammo
Duct tape
"Amateur Radio Emergency Services" magnetic signs
Flashlights
Spare jacket & gloves boots
Caution tape
Orange safety cones
Cell phone charger
Blanket
Tarp & paracord
Maps & GPS
5 gallon empty gas can and siphon pump
Bug out bag

well i am officially prepaired with the best guns i can afford and plenty of ammo for each. also ordered 6 extra batterys for my cell phone, charged and packed them in my survival tubs. when the power goes out, your home phone will not work and neither will your cell phone charge! u can get jus about any cell battery via ebay for $1 or $2 each.

Get a hand crack cell phone battery charger. Your batteries will decrease in charge over time. Here's some more handy information: <broken link removed>

And not to be a kill-joy, but if the power goes out, will the cell towers be operating? You'll cell phone may work, but how are you going to connect?

Walked for six hours today without stoping to rest:D:D Grey hair will fool em every time

jj:)

Tomorrow I am cooking. How many of you guys can make Southern style biscuits and gravey from scratch:D Southern boys will survive:s0114::s0114:

My wife and I reorganized the garage this month to get everything that cannot get wet, off the ground at least two feet up. We did this using heavy duty shelves we purchased at Costco. Even though we are not in the Auburn/Kent valley (which is supposed to flood this winter), flooding got me thinking about unwanted water flooding. Our hot water heater is in the garage as well, and last fall, our whole first floor flooded while we were sleeping because a valve under the bathroom sink blew clear off and just poured out like a bathtub facet. Fortunately everything on the first floor is on posts or pegs. Just something to think about.

Purchased a 12v inverter, glow sticks, Esbit stoves & fuel for the 72 hr bags. Took advantage of Botach.com's vets day sale.
Working (at work :)) on an order w/ the epicenter.com for some dehydrated & MRE meals. I hate doing the mail order thing for heavy stuff, but their shipping isn't bad. Anyone know somewhere closer than Eugene for MRE's (other than that place on state st)?

On veterans day I cut an old sleep pad to use as backing in my modified chest rig and molle'd the 2 3 mag shingles, first aid kit and E&E kit.

Rotated ammo in primary mags.

Checked batteries in all my flashlights.

Started a long over due project of prioritizing my load plan. Will explain in a seperate thread soon.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads