JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, today, I set up steels, and shot " the zipper", 5 plates ranging away from the shooter on the diagonal, farthest away is the stop plate. Trying to be very aware of what I am doing as I shoot, seems like EVERYTHING needs work! Did a little bit of bullseye shooting to work on accuracy and trigger control. 500 rounds through the Sig Legion, 9mm/147 grain, 135pf. Put a few rounds through the CZ97, working out a good load for .45 ACP.
What a beautiful day for shooting! I am encouraged to hear other people running timers out there, saw another guy with competition gear, so I know folks are training.

I began training myself to sight and dry fire with my off/weak hand. I have had various firearms for 50 years but have never practiced with my weak hand. It will be a lengthy process for sure.

Worked on putting up field fencing between my property and the neighbor's. Yesterday I went to range, practiced a little Speed Steel and then went to the shotgun field and tried to kill some clay birds.

I began training myself to sight and dry fire with my off/weak hand. I have had various firearms for 50 years but have never practiced with my weak hand. It will be a lengthy process for sure.

I did a little of that the other day... live fire with my right hand is challenging, need to work on grip strength in the left for support. Kudos for making the effort to do something hard!

Funny your should ask!

This morning I went with a buddy to Chehalem Valley Sportsman's Club in Dundee where we're both members. I set up a pistol obstacle course for us, and we ran drills on that in addition to draw practice, malfunction drills, and trigger control exercises.

Later, I went on a two hour city hike around Bull Mountain on some VERY steep hills. I'm wiped out, but I feel great!

Spent some time and about 200 rounds after work yesterday, just working on draw/grip. After a couple of changes and a lot of relaxing, the times started moving the right way, and getting much more consistent. "Draw, and knock down a plate on the plate rack at 12 yards" Been re-reading Brian Enos' book, so much good material in there.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews