JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday, multiple threats from 3 - 7 yards, shoot move, used revolvers for this round including my small 5 shot summer gun. Good day with the wife (she used her Kimber Raptor). Patterned my HD shotgun at distances it would be used in the house (very small as expected).

Threw some weights around in the evening (have a home gym). Expect to lift and go for a bike ride today.

A little of this 27CE5A7E-3701-4B10-A2F4-F96FC5B8895B.jpeg

Been doing a lot, and just not posting about it. Mad reloading sessions to keep up with expended ammo! Mostly setting up my steels and running them on the clock with the Sig p320 x5 Legion with rds, and the Springfield RO 1911 in 9mm, with irons. Am continuing to be surprised that I can shoot irons again, I thought my vision was too bad. Using a target focus works really well. Plate racks when I'm short on time, like after work. Did some steels Sunday, and Bill drills, which gave me some interesting insights into where my draw could be more efficient. I'm still pretty slow at 1.7 for plates out at 12-14 yards, 8-10" plates. Doing Bill drills at 7 yards on a USPSA target showed me how I'm doing more of a "J" motion than straight up and then out, and if I do that, I overshoot, so the sights go above the target, then back down. After watching Jerry Miculek vids, going to try working in more camming action of the support hand. Good lord, that man is fast.

You're thinking of Wobbly 8

Behind cover / barricade...fire 4 rounds right hand at right side, load then fire 4 rounds left hand at left side = 8 rounds total.

Stay away from the dreaded double-tap or controlled pair schtuff...this is not competition.

You can make the Wobbly number how many rounds you want to fire.

Run it standing, squat, and knees.

You're thinking of Wobbly 8

Behind cover / barricade...fire 4 rounds right hand at right side, load then fire 4 rounds left hand at left side = 8 rounds total.

Stay away from the dreaded double-tap or controlled pair schtuff...this is not competition.

You can make the Wobbly number how many rounds you want to fire.

Run it standing, squat, and knees.

Yes that's the one. I knew it had an "8" in there somewhere. :D

Hateful 8

8 Rounds
8 Seconds
8 Yards
8" Plate

From the Holster - Fire 4 Rounds - Load fire 2 - Load Fire 2

Ok, so 3 mags, first one has four rounds, next two have 2 each? This sounds fun, and challenging, and productive! I think I will try this... correct me if I have the drill wrong, please?

Tonight was fun, went to the range straight from work, and had plenty of time to beat up on the plate rack for a while, and still had plenty of light to brass up. Cleaned up some odds and ends in the ammo bag, like the 200 rounds I mis-loaded with a light charge. .1 of a grain over the starting load... it worked ok, didn't need to put the light spring in. 2 stovepipes out of 200 rounds. The camming thing on the support hand shows a lot of promise.

An excellent range day! Tried Cerberus' " Hateful eight" drill... I love/hate it! using a Sig P320 X5 Legion, set up for Carry Optics. 6 mag pouches on the belt, so I can run it twice before having to load mags. Initial times were 10-11 seconds. Out of about 500 rounds spent on the drill, I got ~ 4 low 8 second times, and ONE 7.8 second time, in the last tray of ammo. ( I let out a Whoop! ) This drill is challenging, and develops several areas at the same time... lots going on. I also set a personal best for my centerfire draw time, of 1.2 sec. Thank you Cerberus, for sharing this! I think it will be something I revisit pretty often, saw some great improvements, today. When I got frustrated, I took a break and beat up the plate rack, or shot a Bill drill. Total of 600 rounds.

@Lesliet, yer welcome.

I prefer to do drills and training details that covers many manipulation skills at a time.

I work with students through a series of skills, then put them through drills that tie it all together.

I'll let you love/hate me for awhile before I post another. :)

I prefer to do drills and training details that covers many manipulation skills at a time.

I work with students through a series of skills, then put them through drills that tie it all together.

Was looking at the Cerberus site, and the pricing looks pretty doable. I'd love to take the "Skill Builder" course for pistol. I haven't kept up with all the new gun laws up in Washington, are there any new problems for Oregon residents travelling with guns up there? I do have carry permits for both states.

No laws that interfere with traveling with firearms.

I have people traveling from Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, California, and Utah every year...no problems. People bring SBRs, suppressors, and AR and AK pistols.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top