JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bump stocks.
Red Flag. No representation. No crime. Just people showing up at your door with guns and a bad attitude.

There are at least two cases where the state had every opportunity to take two mass shooters off the street without stepping on their rights, due to previous threats, attacks or actions. The Florida school shooter and a guy in northern CA that ended up shooting his wife, I believe, a few neighbors then ran his truck through a school's fence possibly intending to shot up the school.

We are living in a country where a Senator is suggesting people take horse worm medication for COVID. So you'll pardon me if I doubt some of the other wisdom being passed around by rubes.
You mean Senator Rand Paul MD? Perhaps he was referencing the lives saved in Mexico City or Israel? Or perhaps he was referring to the meta analysis of these 63 studies: https://ivmmeta.com/

Because a medication is used for one purpose or in veterinary medicine does not mean it is not effective in humans or for other purposes.

Last Edited:
The enemy has exactly twelve months to take California style gun laws National.

Or

Elections are truly a delusion.

I don't see them backing off from bubblegum.

You mean Senator Rand Paul MD? Perhaps he was referencing the lives saved in Mexico City or Israel? Or perhaps he was referring to the meta analysis of these 63 studies: https://ivmmeta.com/

Because a medication is used for one purpose or in veterinary medicine does not mean it is not effective in humans or for other purposes.
Anyone can put up a website. Here's the analysis of the science used in various meta websites like ivmmeta.com:
This doctor is in favor of ivmermectin trials, and still explains why ivmmeta.com is junk science:

Essentially, that meta is made up of preprints - studies that were not peer reviewed and were not published. And the data used in many of those studies is not available. Garbage in, garbage out.

To answer the OP's question:

We are living in a time when freedom is considered a vice, and enslavement is considered virtue; where demonizing, dehumanizing, and defaming your opposition as enemies of the state is considered justice. Mass round up of dissenters, deplorables if you will, has happened before and will happen again. One of the only things preventing or slowing the familiar march toward the train cars and "showers" is the people's ability and right to defend themselves. There are people in our own country salivating over what is going on in Australia as the model of control we need to implement here. And what was Australia's first step? Eliminate the right and ability of self defense. So, no. I do not believe any of these people pushing this agenda will back off from gun control, regardless of the letter that is beside their names.

The enemy has exactly twelve months to take California style gun laws National.

Or

Elections are truly a delusion.

I don't see them backing off from bubblegum.

To answer the OP's question:

We are living in a time when freedom is considered a vice, and enslavement is considered virtue; where demonizing, dehumanizing, and defaming your opposition as enemies of the state is considered justice. Mass round up of dissenters, deplorables if you will, has happened before and will happen again. One of the only things preventing or slowing the familiar march toward the train cars and "showers" is the people's ability and right to defend themselves. There are people in our own country salivating over what is going on in Australia as the model of control we need to implement here. And what was Australia's first step? Eliminate the right and ability of self defense. So, no. I do not believe any of these people pushing this agenda will back off from gun control, regardless of the letter that is beside their names.
Thank you for returning to the topic!

:s0067::s0115::s0067:

I don't think it'll be brought up much before the mid terms. While state and local may be, it won't be a priority for $ and talk time from the bigger organization. Historically it's a loser for them when they're in trouble. Unlike RKBA voters, antis don't have the numbers, intensity or focus to make it a winner on its own.

IMO it's moot whether they back off or not, really.

I've come to see national politics as an RTS. Each side has an order of battle, but instead of units they have issues. They deploy the issues that are percieved to be needed at the time to mobilize their voters. Guns, abortion, welfare, ecology, the debt, tax rates, "homelessness," international threats, trade, "character", etc. The specific issue is unimportant. Indeed the specific issue is often not even important or believed in by the people bringing it up. It's simply bait, red meat, to get people to vote for them or the interest they represent, with that interest usually not being revealed. (If it is revealed it's like shouting into a black hole; it gets no coverage, or becomes a "conspiracy theory," or any one of a bunch of ways to make it disappear from people's attention.)

It's always been this way (see Mr Smith Goes to Washington), but it's now been amped up to 11. A combination of a stupider population (I mean it, people are dumber all around, and specificially about politics, than in the past) and new media (again, I mean it; the stimulation we are under is NOT the environment we evolved to be in. We really have no idea how the 24/7 forever environment we live in actually affects us, physically, emotionally or intellectually) gives political folks tools to manipulate like never before. And they use them.

So, long term the effort to make laws banning citizens from owning guns will not stop. It's a winner in the manipulate the masses RTS that is our politics. It may not be deployed now (astute observation and question OP!), but it's never gone. Because... respawn! lol

Well, this has been a "Interdasting" read!

to the O.P, My answer, Not a chance in Hellsinky, in fact, I expect to see them push even harder now that Sippy Cup in on his last daze in office, once Kamel Toe takes the job, I fully expect things to ramp up while the dems are on the offensive, shootin for the moon with their over reaching orgy of power!

As to the straw man argument about "White Supremist" and all that, look at the Jan 6th "Insurrection" and how the Dems have gone after any one that might have been there, look at what AOC and others have said, ALL Trump supporters, all conservatives, and al anti vaxxers and anti climate changers should be hunted down and...................................

Democrats push gun control because of their voter base. If they don't those voters go elsewhere.
Republicans oppose gun control because of their voter base. If they don't those voters go elsewhere.

Thinking that the Democrats will stop more than temporarily for a given situation is like thinking that snakes will start driving go-carts. It will always be on the agenda somewhere. Always.

I think the dems won't do anything till after the midterms and that's IF they keep their majorities. If they keep their majorities, they'll feel empowered to go full speed ahead. If they lose then I think gun control will be moot.

Last Edited:

What are the chances gun control being backed off by dems?

Somehow the discussion morphed into all kinds of crap because ya all keep feeding a Troll.

Back to our original programing to answer the original question.
They would push it if they felt they could get it passed. Even though they have the Admin and Congress, they don't have enough of a majority to pass it at the federal level. Been this way for years.
So, they now focus on the individual states like Oregon where they are successful. A criminal breaks into a law abiding citizens home, steals a firearm that was not locked up making it inaccessible to the home owner, uses the stolen firearm in a crime and the homeowner is legally liable. That is what the Dems do, chip away at anything they can get. They hate gun owners and do whatever they can to cause us harm.

It is too bad that the views of so called patriots in a democracy can't withstand a little debate from within their own ranks without declaring heresy.

I'm a gun owner of over 30 years, reloader, winning competitor, gunsmith and veteran of two wars. If I'm not a welcome voice in your ranks, you ought to be rethinking how many Americans are ever going to support you.
Wow, a whiny appeal to bona fides.

I thought only the rubes did that.

Isn't that the troll calling the kettle troll?
Hook, Line, and Sinker! :D

1630738500045.png

As long as there are pro-gun people there will be anti-gun people and that is the way of the world with everything.

Are they going to back off, the hard truth is NO. Yes, they may get pushed back a bit but they just come back harder or change tactics.

With this election they thought they had it in the bag as they had the house and 50 votes in the senate and the tie breaker but they could not get a few folks to allow the filibuster to be broken and that killed those plans.

So, they moved on to changing the definition of what a gun is using the AFT that could require serial numbers on AR uppers, lowers and bolt carriers and 4473s to be filled for parts if you order separately, this is still up in the air we should hear some time around January, February if it will go into effect. O ya, it would kill home builds unless you want to serialize it and do a 4473 for that as well.

Now we move onto the fact, that so far this year there have been around 47 bills put forward all anti-gun but most have not made it out of committee, so you do not hear about them unless you follow it closely but they are ready to go if something changes and they think they can pass them.

And last but not least, I do not know if you have heard but the CDC is now going to take on guns death by spending billions on collecting data so they can show it is a MAJOR US HEALTH CRISSIS, then they can by pass congress just like they tried to do in the 90's and implement new safety rules, like banning guns for your safety.

As it has been said by several folks on the left, "Never let a crisis go to waste!!!!"

So, no they will never stop and they do not compromise, they shoot for the moon but are willing to take a little as a compromise but no matter what we always lose something.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top