JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have noticed that I have to make some adjustments while carrying concealed. What type of adjustments have you had to make in order to carry concealed?

The reason I wonder is... I am considering changing where I keep my wallet on me (to my left rear pocket) in order to not reveal my firearm (IWB) while reaching for my wallet. Anyone done that before?

Do you carry IWB or OWB? I have found that wallet placement is not an issue with IWB carry but it is with OWB. The only real adjustment I have made is buying pants 2" too big so that the holster is not being squished into my side all day.

If I'm pocket carrying a J frame or Kel Tec p38t, I have to move my folding knife. I usually keep a benchmade clipped into my right front pocket. I've been carrying concealed for 6 years now, so all adjustments were made a while ago. I do have to be more aware of the buildings I'm entering however. Post office, for instance.

if you wear IWB and have larger pants then normal and have your belt set for the holster and guns bulk do you risk having your pants fall off when you draw?

I carry inside my wallet pocket with my wallet behind the pistol I have no problems with printing or it being seen if I go for my wallet. If I'm told by a bad guy to hand them my wallet it could get real bad for them real quick.

Echoing other comments here. IWB with Comp Tac Minotaur (leather/kydex - holds shape); 1"-2" larger waist on pants and belt; wallet left front pocket: holster at 4 o'clock - no problem sitting/driving for prolonged periods.

I have to agree about the wallet being in the back pockets.I've heard many times ,from many sources not to wear it there.Especially those who keep all the notes from 10 years ago and have a 3" thick wallet.

I am a fatboy,so I don't have to change much as I don't like my shirt tucked ,showing off my girth.

I wear SS button downs in the summer and long sleeve button downs in the winter or a coat. I don't like IWB carry as it's just not comfy to me. My arms aren't long enough for cross draw. I always seem to go for the "slide" holsters as they keep the gun close in.

Over the years have bought a few more coats that hang strait down without the elastic cuff at the bottom, and I really like 1/4" thick 2" wide belts. Only other adjustments that I can think of is whenever you get something new, wear it everywhere, even at home, learn to be comfortable with it so that you don't have to pull your pants up or adjust anything when you get out of your car at a store.

I gave up 100% on iwb carry. No matter what gun, what holster or what I'm wearing it was waaay to uncomfortable so i switched to pocket carry. I use a desantis wallet type for my TCP and carry a slim clip in my front pocket. For those who've never seen one, Google it. It changed my life!

My biggest problem has been tying to retrain umpteen years of muscle memory to place my keys in my left front pocket instead of the right front.

Try switching pockets throughout your day regardless of whether or not you are carrying.
And carry your keys around the house too.
Sometimes my keys are in the left, sometimes in the right. For me it just depends on the situation.

I have been carrying concealed routinely for about six months now. I think I've finally figured it out. As an iPhone user, my biggest issue was not the wallet, but the iphone. Last week I found this: <broken link removed>, I ordered it and have been using it for a couple days now. The idea of having my wallet and phone in the same package has worked wonders. I carry less crap I don't need in my wallet, and my phone all in the same pocket.

I find that I can wear my usual size of pants when I carry my Beretta 84FS (.380), but I do prefer to carry with a pancake threaded inside my belt, but outside my pants. It gives you the benefit of the belt's outline (which helps prevent printing) without shoving cold steel down your pants....:s0131:...and stretching your waist band.

When I do carry IWB I use this: <broken link removed> which is the most comfortable IWB holster I have yet to try. I have one for my 84FS and one that fits both my 92FS and PB 8045 Cougar. Made in the USA by some very nice folks I've had the pleasure of meeting. They genuinely appreciate and deserve the business. FWIW, I have the "tuckable" version in both holsters which allows me to carry IWB while still tucking in my shirt (yes, even while carrying a 92FS). I never thought it would work, but it works well with very little bulge...and it's relatively comfortable while driving (as comfy as you can be with a full size pistol in your pants).

I leave my wallet in the pocket it has always been in, rear right. I carry on my 3 o'clock with owb holster. If you are robbed and "asked" for your wallet then give them the 9,40, or 45 cents you keep for them! the less adjustments you make to your normal day the more comfy you will be carrying your pistol. I have carried for over 15 years and the best thing for helping me conceal is the cover up garmet, shirt or jacket. If the color of the garmet is a solid single color then you will "print" more then having a multi-colored cover up or even multi-patterned. For example being a hunter I have camo in my closet, not the most eligent for everyday wear, and I grab my button up shirt/jacket and never have a problem with it showing as I would with the same shirt in a solid black or blue color. If people are not comfy with the pistol on your belt then they make fanny packs :s0155::s0114:.

I leave my wallet in the pocket it has always been in, rear right. I carry on my 3 o'clock with owb holster. If you are robbed and "asked" for your wallet then give them the 9,40, or 45 cents you keep for them! the less adjustments you make to your normal day the more comfy you will be carrying your pistol. I have carried for over 15 years and the best thing for helping me conceal is the cover up garmet, shirt or jacket. If the color of the garmet is a solid single color then you will "print" more then having a multi-colored cover up or even multi-patterned. For example being a hunter I have camo in my closet, not the most eligent for everyday wear, and I grab my button up shirt/jacket and never have a problem with it showing as I would with the same shirt in a solid black or blue color. If people are not comfy with the pistol on your belt then they make fanny packs :s0155::s0114:.

Unfortunately, while living in Florida a cover up garment wasn't always an option. That being said I relished the opportunities to wear a jacket, sweater or vest for many reasons...not the least of which was that I could wear a conventional holster at the 3 o'clock OWB. That's always been the most comfortable carriage - for me, anyways. One more reason why the Pacific Northwest is the best place on earth.

I gave up the back pocket wallet, now I carry a small ID wallet in my front offhand pocket, it's big enough for my daily needs and some folding money. Other than that... yes, I have completely changed the way I dress year round. I don't necessarily like the fit or types of clothes I wear half of the time but it's important to me to be able to carry at least one firearm without having to worry about being picked out of the crowd.

So I sacrifice fashion for personal safety.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top