JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe a Ruger 57 but until more companies start producing ammo in this cal. or it comes down a lil in price (pre current times) it's a hard NO. Reloading it doesn't sound easy either so another strike. Passed up a many trades for FN's in the past both rifle and pistol just due to the ammo situation. Just doesn't fill a missing need in my cal. or capabilities areas. Might be fun to try one out but not in the purchase category for me anyway.

Well, with the pandemic/panic, the Speer ammo was delayed for many months. Still not sure if anybody but a few (mostly reviewers) have ever had their hands on it. And FN/Federal ammo went thru the roof as regards price and availability of that is happenstance.

I read on the FN forum (I think) that FN/et. al. makes 5.7 in batches four times a year. So that doesn't help.

I am glad I got what I could when I could and still wish I had bought more from PSA when they were selling it for less than 40¢ per round for the defensive ammo and less than that for FMJ. But who knew 5 years ago that all this crap would happen a few years later and that the prices would rise 3-4X?? :s0092:
Sounds right on the FN ammo. I was able to grab 2 boxes of FN 40gr ammo at Sportsman's last week.$36/box:eek:. It was the first non
-federal ammo i'd seen in 3-4 months.

I'd so love a 5.7㎜ micro-action bolt-gun. Suppressed. Off to the races. :s0155:

Yup - a carbine in titanium with a 16" carbon fiber barrel and synthetic stock would be a nice little woods carbine. I am still looking for someone to make me a .223 chamber adapter to shoot 5.7 in a bolt or single shot rifle. I've got maybe a thousand once fired brass for 5.7 just waiting to be reloaded for shooting from a bolt action or single shot something - not going to bother with trying to reload them for a semi-auto, just load them down to somewhere around .22 WRM velocities with light bullets - maybe subsonic with heavier bullets.

I've always been a lever-action fellow, and in fact, most of our long-guns are just that (in various forms), but I positively love the wood stock, suppressed, 77/44 we added to the battery in 2020. Yah, I'd trip over myself for one in 5.7㎜. :)

Call me crazy, but the round in of itself isn't all that interesting. The magazine in my opinion is what makes the 5.7 desirable. Capacity, form fitting to a carbine barrel, uniqueness, the hilarity of watching a seasoned shooter that has never loaded a P90 mag struggle, etc. For that reason the Five Seven and Ruger pistol aren't worth the premium imo. Especially when the biggest argument for 5.7, the velocity, drops from 2000 fps to 1600 fps out of the short pistol barrel.

6) I am thinking about getting a T/C Contender or Encore and getting some various barrels for it. Starting with 5.7x28 for hunting small game.
Do it! My favorite target gun right now is an encore with various barrels. I took out the 22TCM barrel last night and was having a blast. (I may get the 5.7 barrel, but I went 22TCM for the encore because of ammo cost and availability) I like match grade machine barrels a lot.

As a PS90 owner I am all for new guns in the cartridge, But if I were to get a pistol in 5.7, I am afraid it would be the MPA Defender.

have you bought anything from a store lately? It is all chinese garbage that breaks within a few days to a few weeks. People still shovel that garbage out of walmart every day by the truck load. No one cares about quality or longevity anymore.

That said, the keltecs I used to own were all pretty much flawless. yeah they are weird Tupperware guns but I'd take one of those over for quality over absolutely anything you can buy in a store now.

Honestly, I think the gun industry is the only industry in the US that has not fallen down the Chinese garbage chute. Since the parts have to be made in the US, firearms are one of the last consumer products that have some standards to them. Sure Cerberus Capital ran Remington into the ground but that the exception.

I have, and cheaply made stuff from foreign countries is hit or miss. But we aren't talking about some Walmart special garbage can here. We are talking about a FIREARM that CAN hurt the operator if it fails let alone the novel idea that firearms may be used for self defense and knowingly releasing product after product that fails shows they just don't care.

I'll never understand why people are so quick to part with their hard earned money on a product from a company known for making junk. Why? Just to show off the "space gun" at the range?

Now if they (or someone else) had made a 5.7 bolt action or even a single shot, that I would buy - hard to design wrong and something I can say to myself "I need that".
I'd so love a 5.7㎜ micro-action bolt-gun. Suppressed. Off to the races. :s0155:

They should scale down a Winchester M70 to a Henry Mini-bolt sized gun and that would be extra cool. :s0155:

I'll never understand why people are so quick to part with their hard earned money on a product from a company known for making junk. Why? Just to show off the "space gun" at the range?
I think that is KTs 'target market demographic' with this. I actually Had to look at KTs site to prove to myself this is real.

Kind of reminds me of the old Calico 50 shot 9mm but at least in the carbine version the Calico had some semblance of practicality.