JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kel-Tec sure has some innovative ideas. I just wish they were better executed.

I have a Sub2000 and like it a lot. I love the compact design, but wish it had better sights, and a better trigger, and better quality, and better...

The guy has been at this a long time. He has seen a few things fail. The S2K was originally made like an AR, all metal. Problem was it also cost what a decent AR went for so sales did not give them what they wanted. So they changed the design, lots of polymer and price at 1/3 what they had sold for. For years they were selling faster than the Co could make them even when there was no panic. So no reason to change. They did a couple years back change again and the 2nd gen has much better sights now. Again they sell when no panic is going so well that they are often hard to find unless you order one. Like so many things after market stepped in and started to offer a LOT of stuff for those who want to spend.
I still have one of the old style that was $300 when I bought it. If I ever manage to wear it out I will trade up to a Gen2. If they made a "platinum" model they could of course offer better sights and trigger and such. Have to guess the design team figured it was not worth it.

I'd like them to just... focus on product improvement of their entire line, and actually have inventory available for purchase, not some crap like teasing and selling apparently all they could within 3 months and not make more :rolleyes:

Edit. I've been wanting a SU-16A ever since they came out.. sure the 16B has better sights, but lighter barrel and a stock I'm no fan of.

So, what parts would people like to see, as aftermarket stuff to improve Kel-Tecs? Doing a little market research, here... I have a couple of parts in mind for the
CP-33, but that's the only KT I own.

Would be pretty cool if there was a way to make them single piece framed instead of two halves held together with hardware store bolts

Yeah, I saw that too.

I will wait for a number of reasons:

1) At this point it is a rumor, not an official release - AFAIK KT won't comment on it. Maybe during the virtual ShotShow?

2) KT has a reputation for taking a long time to release their announced guns. This may be doubly so with 5.7x28 since a number of guns announced for that cartridge have never made it to market. It is finicky, especially in semi-autos. I think it was Savage that tried and failed to bring it out in a bolt action - which I would have loved to see - I can't imagine why it would be a problem in a bolt action, but there you are.

3) KT also has a reputation for innovative design but poor implementation.

4) I would want to know whether the mag is compatible with the PS90 mag or not. I can't imagine that it would not be, but I would wait to see.

5) Details details.

6) I am thinking about getting a T/C Contender or Encore and getting some various barrels for it. Starting with 5.7x28 for hunting small game.

7) I already have 3 pairs of Five Sevens and PS90s. Not sure why I would want a KT semi-auto in 5.7x28?

If KT does actually make and release this, it would be a good thing whether I buy it or not. Another gun in 5.7 encourages more ammo, and more ammo is a good thing.

I'd like them to just... focus on product improvement of their entire line, and actually have inventory available for purchase, not some crap like teasing and selling apparently all they could within 3 months and not make more :rolleyes:

Edit. I've been wanting a SU-16A ever since they came out.. sure the 16B has better sights, but lighter barrel and a stock I'm no fan of.
Sure but what if it's been in development for a while now? On the other hand, I'm not buying it until the cheaper, more reliable V2 model comes out.

I have owned 4 kel tecs. All were reliable. PF9, P11, KSG, and s2000.

I always wound up getting rid of them because i couldn't take them seriously as defensive firearms. That being said, i didn't experience any failures with any of them.

Another toy for those that couldn't hit anything with a single shot.:s0092:

Guess I'm just prejudiced. ;)

I use a still use an RCBS jr. press and lost my love of, "Spray & Pray" after
my Uncle quit buying the ammunition.:p

Last Edited:
Gyro-Jet Rocket pistol.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.28.09 PM.png

I've been trying to reduce and focus my firearm inventory with the basic principle 'better, fewer' being my mantra, and I don't see how this product would pass that discrimination. On The other hand, smarter people than I have said that discrimination is bad, so who knows what might come.

I do have a few KT products, so it's not brand snobbery. I'm not really sure my latest, the PMR-30, really is that much 'better' but I do really like it and Dad has one.

I love Kel-Tec spaceship firearms, they are fun and the warranties are excellent. I have owned many, but wouldn't trust my life on them, they are fun but finnicky.

I'm always hip to weird, but it is Kel-Tec, so not rolling the dice on this one; if for no other reason I no longer have the time to wrangle flaky firearms.

It will be interesting to see if they make a carbine version, though I'm skeptical they can compete with FN.

What other products are released where the consumer just KNOWS it's gonna be a finicky pile that cannot be trusted to perform the duties it was engineered for?

If this was anything but a firearm, people would puke at the offering. Imagine a car, smart phone, vacuum cleaner or other product that is EXPECTED to malfunction regularly by the consumer. I don't get it. :rolleyes: