JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I was looking at TV's, and I knew there was a brand that always released new crazy "futuristic looking" products but they just never worked right why on earth would I waste my time and money on it? So it looks all futuristic......cool. But if it won't turn on all the time, if the 50 streaming services promised was only like 47, the picture is often fuzzy and it cuts off 10 minutes before the end of every movie.......why would I waste another dollar on it? Especially if I knew that is just how the company and its products are. Again, I don't get it. :rolleyes:

I look forward to it coming to market - if it ever does.

But I won't buy one. I already have 3 Five Sevens and 3 PS90s, plus KelTec is known for being innovative but lacking in the implementation/quality department.

The good thing is, that when it gets to market, it may cause ammo manufacturers to make more 5.7x28 ammo available, but I am not going to hold my breath. I have yet to see the Speer 5.7 ammo actually be available to the general public.:rolleyes:

The good thing is, that when it gets to market, it may cause ammo manufacturers to make more 5.7x28 ammo available, but I am not going to hold my breath.

That actually may be a good side effect. If enough people buy the latest pile from Kel-tec, maybe more demand for the ammo. The Ruger offering seemed to have some impact on the 5.7x28㎜.

Well, with the pandemic/panic, the Speer ammo was delayed for many months. Still not sure if anybody but a few (mostly reviewers) have ever had their hands on it. And FN/Federal ammo went thru the roof as regards price and availability of that is happenstance.

I read on the FN forum (I think) that FN/et. al. makes 5.7 in batches four times a year. So that doesn't help.

I am glad I got what I could when I could and still wish I had bought more from PSA when they were selling it for less than 40¢ per round for the defensive ammo and less than that for FMJ. But who knew 5 years ago that all this crap would happen a few years later and that the prices would rise 3-4X?? :s0092:

I've owned 2 Kel-Tecs When I lived in the PRK I had an SU-16 that worked great, as long as you didn't run Russian ammo through it. The steel case and dirty powder they used would jam it after 20 rounds, like clockwork. The case would be jammed in the chamber with a piece of the rim missing and then I would need a rod and hammer to pound the case out. Brass ammo ran like a champ and it has decent accuracy.
I now own a a PMR 30 which is a hoot I have had zero issues with it. My only beef with Kel Tec is their propensity for announcing new guns , releasing a few and then it seems you wait for years to see them in quantity on store shelves. That said, I have had good service from the 2 I've owned.
I also appreciate their use of existing magazines where possible such as using standard AR magazines with their SU-16 and the P-90 magazines for this new offering.

I love Keltec for their bat **** crazy ideas, but I have never shot a Keltec I found pleasant. Thankfully there is a market for range toys to support them. Frankly, I am glad they exist as someone consistently willing to push the envelope. Kind of on the opposite extreme end of the spectrum as say Colt, who has camped out on the same designs for the last 100 years.

Looks cool, if it works well and is $1000 or less street price and has a compact retractable or side folding brace it could be a perfect backpack gun, if not I'll probably get a PTR MP5K or Sig MPX Copperhead(shouldn't have sold the one I had) as I had originally planned.

If this was anything but a firearm, people would puke at the offering. Imagine a car, smart phone, vacuum cleaner or other product that is EXPECTED to malfunction regularly by the consumer. I don't get it. :rolleyes:

have you bought anything from a store lately? It is all chinese garbage that breaks within a few days to a few weeks. People still shovel that garbage out of walmart every day by the truck load. No one cares about quality or longevity anymore.

That said, the keltecs I used to own were all pretty much flawless. yeah they are weird Tupperware guns but I'd take one of those over for quality over absolutely anything you can buy in a store now.

Honestly, I think the gun industry is the only industry in the US that has not fallen down the Chinese garbage chute. Since the parts have to be made in the US, firearms are one of the last consumer products that have some standards to them. Sure Cerberus Capital ran Remington into the ground but that the exception.

Interesting that the magazine is upside down.

The barrel and action gets lifted up out of the way to load. Not quite as far to reload as others.

I'd take an AR57 upper over this (not sure if still in business)

1609818235862.png

I'm in no way a Kel-Tec "fan boy"; in fact, I'll never buy another. However, this one hits so many wacky points, I can't look away. But there is still no chance I'm hitting "buy now". Yah, PS90, AR57 (yup, they're still around), or Ruger-57 if I want to play the 5.7㎜ game.