JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a strong opinion on this, and I'll probably share it next time.
The part of this that "frustrates" me the most is all the links to video's. Seems there is a screwtube for EVERYTHING now. So often some title will catch my eye but all you see is a link to yet another video of someone who loves to hear themselves talk. Normally if I click on them at all I am skipping forward to see if they are actually going to say something that is worth listening too. All too often it seems to be a :10 video of something they could have said in 1 minute but tried to stretch it into a long winded ramble. I often look to see if another poster later gives a condensed version of what was in the video.

The part of this that "frustrates" me the most is all the links to video's. Seems there is a screwtube for EVERYTHING now. So often some title will catch my eye but all you see is a link to yet another video of someone who loves to hear themselves talk. Normally if I click on them at all I am skipping forward to see if they are actually going to say something that is worth listening too. All too often it seems to be a :10 video of something they could have said in 1 minute but tried to stretch it into a long winded ramble. I often look to see if another poster later gives a condensed version of what was in the video.
Get @sobo to watch it first. ;)

With gptchat, it seems everyone that can read and cobble up a catchy thumbnail, nevermind, too jaded.

Unboxing.

Why???
There seems to be an amazing number of those so I have to guess someone actually watches the damn things. I have often looked for a video review on something I want to check out to see if I want to buy. An amazing number of them start with that, the "Unboxing", which I just skip past. Could give a crap about how the item is packaged, I want to see how it works.

There seems to be an amazing number of those so I have to guess someone actually watches the damn things. I have often looked for a video review on something I want to check out to see if I want to buy. An amazing number of them start with that, the "Unboxing", which I just skip past. Could give a crap about how the item is packaged, I want to see how it works.
What irks me is when you forward through the unboxing part and the review is "It looks nice" and they never even test the damn thing. "I can't wait to try this out." That's not a review, Cupcake. Try again. :rolleyes:

What irks me is when you forward through the unboxing part and the review is "It looks nice" and they never even test the damn thing. "I can't wait to try this out." That's not a review, Cupcake. Try again. :rolleyes:
Check out whistlindiesel.? his last unboxing was a Ferrari.. which he then destroyed. Lulz

My takeaway from the linked article is that intermittent rewards is "better" than continuous rewards. If every video, article, thread, website, etc, you looked at was good, it would be less useful than having some be good and some not.

Keep in mind that the goal of almost all media is to advertise to us. If you don't like advertising then you could always unplug and never leave home.

My takeaway from the linked article is that intermittent rewards is "better" than continuous rewards. If every video, article, thread, website, etc, you looked at was good, it would be less useful than having some be good and some not.

Keep in mind that the goal of almost all media is to advertise to us. If you don't like advertising then you could always unplug and never leave home.
Or unplug and get outside more.

Oooh! He is part of a counter-movement toward authentic experience. Tres chic. Just like all the teeny bopper buying vinyl records. I wonder how tight his man-bun is pulled.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top