JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend and I went to Browns Camp today to have a little fun. Got there and surprisingly there was only 4 other people shooting. Took me about 10 min. to figure out why...... it was freezing cold! I was so cold, it was all I could do to hit the targets we brought, let alone score well. We took 40 XDm, SP101, Ruger P95, Makarov and S&W 357. Had a lot of fun, but not sure I want to go back until it warms up a little! Really disapointing thing was the amt. of trash people had left behind. :( We did our part though and brought back more than we took.
Anyway, have to go clean my toys now.
Be safe!
James

Why would anyone wanna go there anyways? Or are all the horror stories I've heard about that place just greatly exaggerated?

that is too bad to here of the junk left there. we all do our part and hopefully it will catch on. I can only guess what the spring clean up will be like.

Hi:
I live at the other end of the state Grant Pass area and shoot on a lot of BLM land. Is
Browns Camp just a regular shooting place where the Good us :)).The Bad Trash leavers:( The Ugly Beer,Trash,Dope Smokers :(( Hang out to shoot?. Or is Browns
Camp a very nice place with great views long distance shooting? That I must gather all of my rifles and make the trip to this shooting "Mecca Of The Great NW" :). Here is a nice web site that will help you find BLM land.

<broken link removed>

Thanks
Scott Hannah

Hi Scott,
thanks for the link. Honestly, I would not make the trip to shoot there if I were you. Had I experienced any of the horror stories that others relate, i would avoid it at all costs. Probably the next time I myself go there will be to help with an organized cleanup, if there is one. That being said, it is long enough to sight in your rifles.
James

a lil off topic, but if u are into rock crawling (4x4) there are some pretty nice spots my buddy has shown me up there...But yea...you will find alot of jackass-y jackass's running around up there....Not all, but probably the majority, in the main areas anyways...

When I take my 10 year old up to Larch Mountain, we take the standard targets, but something else we take that is a lot of fun is ice. Yep, Ice. I make some decent sized blocks of ice and throw them in the cooler. They shatter like glass, maybe better. When all is said and done, no mess to clean up, no trash left behind. Try it, you might like it. :D

When I take my 10 year old up to Larch Mountain, we take the standard targets, but something else we take that is a lot of fun is ice. Yep, Ice. I make some decent sized blocks of ice and throw them in the cooler. They shatter like glass, maybe better. When all is said and done, no mess to clean up, no trash left behind. Try it, you might like it. :D

I saw that done a while back, and took to it myself. It does work great. with a .22 it lasts pretty long, bigger rifles not so much. The really nice thing is it is cheap to make also.

I saw that done a while back, and took to it myself. It does work great. with a .22 it lasts pretty long, bigger rifles not so much. The really nice thing is it is cheap to make also.

True that! I made a huge block by putting water in an ice chest and freezing it in our larger freezer. It was a blast with the .22 LR, but when my buddy took aim with his AK-47, it didn't last too long, but it was very cool to watch!

I'm convinced! I will have to make up 5 or 6 of them to take with us the next time I take my daughter shooting. Maybe I'll try to get some video of it too. Hmm... that could be very cool, I have an old 8mm camcorder that i have not used in years. could set that up to try and get some video of the impact! :)

Hi Scott,
thanks for the link. Honestly, I would not make the trip to shoot there if I were you. Had I experienced any of the horror stories that others relate, i would avoid it at all costs. Probably the next time I myself go there will be to help with an organized cleanup, if there is one. That being said, it is long enough to sight in your rifles.
James

Check out this link for more info.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14471

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR