JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some dumbazz left a pile of 2x6s & 4 bys out at one of my shooting spots near Sunriver so I headed out this morning to gather it all up and bring it home for shop firewood!

Did a bit of cleanup and got some wood as well!
IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2171.JPG

Some dumbazz left a pile of 2x6s & 4 bys out at one of my shooting spots near Sunriver so I headed out this morning to gather it all up and bring it home for shop firewood!

It took that crackhead quite a while to get the makins of a cabin out into those woods and you just come along and crush his dream, shame on ya.

I would've brought my hammer, skill saw and some nails with leftover paint I have lying around. Leaving behind a nice shooters bench for all to use enjoy.

That's just me though... Looks like a nice haul as well! Good on you mate!

I would've brought my hammer, skill saw and some nails with leftover paint I have lying around. Leaving behind a nice shooters bench for all to use enjoy.
A guy did that in the Tillamook State Forest. He built a couple of really nice shooting benches and donated them to the North Fork Wolf Creek shooting lanes in Tillamook State Forest. They didn't last one week before they were stolen. Same goes for target stands. If they are good stands, someone will take them. If they're not so good, people will just leave them, shoot the hell out of them and 'leave them for the next guy'. So, we end up with more trash in the woods.

If it didn't grow there, don't leave it there!

A guy did that in the Tillamook State Forest. He built a couple of really nice shooting benches and donated them to the North Fork Wolf Creek shooting lanes in Tillamook State Forest. They didn't last one week before they were stolen. Same goes for target stands. If they are good stands, someone will take them. If they're not so good, people will just leave them, shoot the hell out of them and 'leave them for the next guy'. So, we end up with more trash in the woods.

If it didn't grow there, don't leave it there!

True. It takes only a few knuckleheads to ruin a good thing for all those who want to enjoy the great out doors. Those same people that trash the outdoors wonder why places get restricted or closed down. Nobody wins. Sad.

Makes no sense, someone out in your area driving out to the middle of nowhere to dump perfectly good fuel? Or "Project Wood". I WOOD have done the same thing you did! Heck, I can put scrap wood in worse shape that than out by the road and it's gone in couple of hours here in NE potland.

Makes no sense, someone out in your area driving out to the middle of nowhere to dump perfectly good fuel? Or "Project Wood". I WOOD have done the same thing you did! Heck, I can put scrap wood in worse shape that than out by the road and it's gone in couple of hours here in NE potland.

Maybe dude that left it had a different agenda? Why would he make all that effort to load all the lumber, drive to a secluded area, unload the lumber, then drive away? Time, energy, and gas wasted.

Come to think of it.... It's true here as well! I don't live on the country side but stack wood like that in front of your house and put up a free CL ad or a "free" sign. S**t will be gone in 30 mins!

Maybe dude that left it had a different agenda? Why would he make all that effort to load all the lumber, drive to a secluded area, unload the lumber, then drive away? Time, energy, and gas wasted.
It's a common 'weird' thing that happens. Some people are so excited to go shooting that they put a huge effort into planning and packing up all this stuff to take out. When they're done, they're done. No interest in packing it out. They chock it up to "Leave it for the next guy", as if they're justifying their reason for leaving it. It doesn't look like just a dump of lumber. Looks more like they had planned on using it to post their targets on and then just didn't want to haul it back home.

It's a common 'weird' thing that happens. Some people are so excited to go shooting that they put a huge effort into planning and packing up all this stuff to take out. When they're done, they're done. No interest in packing it out. They chock it up to "Leave it for the next guy", as if they're justifying their reason for leaving it. It doesn't look like just a dump of lumber. Looks more like they had planned on using it to post their targets on and then just didn't want to haul it back home.

Off topic:

Washougal? Oh man I was just there a couple of weeks ago at the Bonneville Damn. One of the best Shad fishing I had in a long time. I wonder if they're still biting....

Hahaha good chatting with you mate! Take care!

Off topic:

Washougal? Oh man I was just there a couple of weeks ago at the Bonneville Damn. One of the best Shad fishing I had in a long time. I wonder if they're still biting....

Hahaha good chatting with you mate! Take care!
I haven't been Shad fishing in a long time, much less any other kind of fishing. I gotta slack off of this shooting business and get back to fishing!.... NOT! :D

View attachment 726944View attachment 726946

Funny, not funny!
If you were to reorient the pictures, my friend, it would appear as if you were the dumbazz that left that pile of lumber. Evidence of you driving away with an empty trailer

lol imagine that....

Well at least it was "biodegradable" and not old car doors, hoods, TV's, empty shotgun hulls, plastic bottles, cans etc. That's the kind of stuff I use to haul off when I went up to snow peak area years ago, well and lots of brass too miss those days. Maybe it was a tree hugger returning a poor defenseless mutilated tree to it's rightful place in nature.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top