JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I thought someone might enjoy this. Maybe you might have a son or daughter that might be thinking about the .mil, and this is a option!!

So Old number two went missing and we got the call to go look for it. We have a sonar, but we could not acquire it with the sonar. Next option is to "Drag" for it. We splice two shots (1 shot = 90 feet) of 1 7/8" chain together and attach a grappling hook to the end. Next we lower the chain down about 50 feet. The Cutter then drives in a pattern until it snags something. We snagged it a few times, then on the third time we got it good.

We haul in the chain using the hydraulic powered inhaul winch. First thing we discovered was the 18k sinker. We place that in the mechanical stopper, cut the chain and ditch it because the deck is full of stuff, its dangerous, and the main goal is to get the buoy.

Next we start hauling the chain, but wait the buoy is suction cupped in the mud. We drive all around it for about 15 mins, and the Cutter jolts and the buoy breaks free from the mud. We haul up the chain till we get to the buoy.

Next we use a line reeving device AKA the happy hooker, and reev a 20 ft endless sling through and back to the main block. We lift up the 32k lb water filled buoy and set it on deck and grip it down. We open the plugs and drain the ocean water out. We remove the Carmanah light that has been sunk for 3 weeks, and place it in our storage, and to find out it still works! Those Canadians sure make a good light!

We then set up the mooring for the replacement buoy, and set the brand new buoy we brought with us. All in about 9 hours!

FIR-04.jpg

SOOOOO how big was the fish that took your bobber down?:D

Bet you wish that would need to be done in 70 deg. weather instead. You sure earn your pay.

SOOOOO how big was the fish that took your bobber down?:D

Bet you wish that would need to be done in 70 deg. weather instead. You sure earn your pay.

I actually picked this area as my number one pick. Before here I was born and raised, then did ten years in CA! I lover it here, and hope to stay!

Looks like something my Dad may have done a couple times in that water and the San Francisco Bay

He did the roll over exercises down there too.
Thanks for the pics

Oh and how much smoked sturgeon y'all take home?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top