JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, out of the blue, two junkies show up at our back porch. The Smurf yells "someone's here!," I grab a piece, and crack the back door and ask what is up. I instantly notice they are both high as a fing kite. They said something like "yah, um, your neighbor (also a worthless druggie idiot) saw both of your properties are on fire and said we should tell you." I thank them and they took off.

I instantly thought it was time to hike up the hill to confirm/deny said report. The better half was concerned it was a ruse to get me away from the house. I handed her a 9㎜ and told her to call the Sheriff. I hike up a many acres hill with a Mossberg (with a light system), and a PPK in the waistband. I get up top and, guess what? No fire. The brain-dead crew spotted a controlled burn on the other side of the mountain. Of which is neither on my property or his. To make sure there was no further idiocy, I hiked down the road, ravine, etc., and confirmed no morons were on said. The better half did call the sheriff's department and was told they had multiple reports from idiots stating the same, to not worry about it, and ignore the impaired crew.

Lessons learned:

• Druggies are idiots. Wait, I already knew that.
  • Having a shotgun ready to roll (loaded with 00-buck, a good light system, etc.) was a fine thing whilst hiking up in the dark.
  • An armed society is a polite society. Well, normally, and this case probably so.
  • Evidently the outside notification system we have on the perimeter has ceased functioning, so this shall be addressed on the morrow.
  • I was asked to take the phone, I think I replied in the affirmative, but did not in my haste. Next time, the phone, or one of the walkie-talkies will go. It could have saved me getting all the way up the hill and finding nothing.:s0112:
  • I'm damn glad the sidekick can take care of herself. (I get back and I see her making apple-sauce cake for the lil' ones with a Walther 99 next to the stove. Bueno.)
  • Anyone who snivels out "why do you need a gun?" is an even bigger idiot than the two that showed up tonight.
:s0155:

Pistol (and cake) pack'n momma. :s0112:

momma.jpg

It needs a pig-sticker.... I'm tellin' ya! ;)

View attachment 520202

He has had a love/hate relationship with them ever since his dad took away the butter knife he had taped to his BB gun. :s0114:

Sounds like they were trying to be helpful?

Well, I will admit, they helped me give our 5 year old a lesson on not opening the door to strangers and to get mommy or daddy. I reinforced the lesson before she went to bed and asked her, "What are you to do if a stranger knocks on the door?" Her answer, "Get mommy or daddy, so they can get a pew."

Sounds like they were trying to be helpful?
In their own "special" way?

Indeed in the final analysis. There are controlled burns all over this county. The two clowns were likely thinking they were helping, in their drug-addled mind. And in some bizarre way I respect that, but you can imagine how a husband, father, and land owner, might respond to such an event, particularly in the evening hours.

He has had a love/hate relationship with them ever since his dad took away the butter knife he had taped to his BB gun. :s0114:

Hey now! Told you that in confidence! My father was at the gunsmith, with his number 3 and 4 child, and me and sissy spied a rifle with bayonet. When we got home we taped knifes to our BB guns. Mine a buck-knife, hers a butter-knife we found in the kitchen, attached with masking tape. We were both spanked and the knives removed. :s0112:

Indeed in the final analysis. There are controlled burns all over this county. The two clowns were likely thinking they were helping, in their drug-addled mind. And in some bizarre way I respect that, but you can imagine how a husband, father, and land owner, might respond to such an event, particularly in the evening hours.

I guess it depends what they were on. If they like to smoke pot, it's one thing, if they were tweakers, they would probably be removed from my property with more authority. And yeah, I dont answer the door without a HD gun either;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top