JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do yea one better. Never lay a lite torch across you lap. I was doing gas weld practice laided LIT torch over my lap. I let go to adjust my work piece the touch rolled and flame shot past my face and burned my hair before I could stop it. I never did that again.

Good point. The cutting torches we use at work get up to approx. 4,100 degrees F. A similar Oxy-acetylene torch will get up to around 6,000 degrees F. Pretty dang hot, and yes there is a potential to get burnt badly if not paying attention or not entirely aware.

I've been loving everyone's welding pain horror stories. I've burned through so many gloves/jackets/edge of my hair/beard. It's funny how it subconsciously effects the style choices I make in my non-welding life. And in the shop, it's all about concentration. You really have to be able to focus away from anything outside of work that's bugging you because that's when you start getting arc flashes with your hood up and searing your flesh.

Tortoise, I like your avatar. Target looks great. I guess that extra steadiness you have being a welder helps to shoot those tiny groups...;). We need to start talking rifles man. Do you hunt???

Thanks! I've never hunted before, and that was actually my first time using an AR system, down in the Mississippi marsh lands. I dunno if it's the long hours welding, or the fact that both my parents scored in the highest percentile of accuracy in the military, but something is working! I'd love to have money/safe storage space for a long gun. I have a friend or two who hunt and it's a skill set I'd like to learn.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top