JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They got right back to me at Black Rain,

"Good afternoon Melvin,
We will replace the damaged parts at N/C but you will be responsible for the labor. I don't know the cost until we get it here to evaluate. Please ship to Black Rain Ordnance - P.O. Box 1111 - Neosho, MO 64850.
Thanks,
Terri"

Thanks for the offer to fix it IM, much appreciated. I'm sure they will put a new hammer in so that's probably the best way to go.
That's pretty good customer service by BR considering the problem:confused:

hmm, might be a good trigger to buy to "learn on" if they replace parts for free.

Just an idea. if you were concerned about the marks it was leaving on the bolt, you could smooth the top of the hammer with a gunsmith stone. Something like 600 grit would not take off any noticeable about of metal and really smooth out the movement. The polish with a polishing wheel or one of those dremel polishing wheels. I did this on my 1911 build to make everything move smoother.

https://www.borideabrasives.com/PublicStore/product/Gunsmithing-Kits,154,288.aspx

First of all its not on the trigger, that's the hammer! Take the hammer out of the housing, encase all but the end of the hammer in heat Stop past and tig it up. Have some oil nearby and dip it. Slowly grind it back into the proper shape.
I have a bunch of paste if you want some Ironmoster. I can put it in a zip lock bag and USPS it to you.

Most likely 4140 or 8620. They are case hardened.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top