JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of the new format. It's harder to navigate. Things all seem to blend together. I expect I'll grow used to it, but I do wish we could fix glitches and stick with the old school style...

This dislike is in no way meant to disparage the hard work that JoeyLink or any of the moderators put in. It is simply my opinion. Thanks again to all those who make this site run...

I hate vBulletin 4.1 format. It just always seems too busy to me.

I don't like it all. The old version was easier to read.

I have to agree ^

- the home button in the navbar doesn't work for me
- I couldn't log in without checking "keep me logged in"
- Having the CP now called "Settings" is misleading and confusing. It took me a day to find my subscribed threads.
- can't distinguish text links from normal text
- everything looks generally washed-out, dull, and wordy.

I like the new layout of the forums and threads, but not color-wise. And I can't stand the main site navigation and how there's a tiny text user nav area in the top right and then a forum navbar down lower that forces me to scroll so much all the time. Also going back and forth from left to right doing that is frustrating too. IMO it'd be a lot more efficient to have one navigation system and everything centrally located within it, with the page navigation and task flow prioritized from left to right, the same way most English speakers read. For the most part I think the forum is great, but the navigation is extremely disorganized and confusing. I thought the old one was too.

And although I like the black/white color scheme more than the old blue one, It's so dull that distinguishing threads is more difficult. Everything looks the same. I think if you made the the dark greys darker, the colors brighter, and the site more high contrast it would help break up all the text and make it more legible.

Example:
nwfa_layoutsample01.gif

On a personal note, I don't like the new bubbly indicator icons. They're rather big and goofy looking.

I'd also like to suggest putting all of the site advertisements in the resources section. They're taking up a lot of forum real-estate on every page in a place which doesn't seem necessary.

And can we have the old favicon back? The one with the little gun? It's much easier to recognize and switch browser tabs with.

I really appreciate your work and think the forum looks great. Mostly just the navigation is giving me a headache. Thanks for all the hard work and for listening. :s0155: And if there's anything I can do to help image-wise, I'm pretty handy with Photoshop. :)

Dang Bunny, it's good to have pro web designers like you on the board. Ya raise some good points. ((this isn't sarcasm, I think that she's an actual pro webbie)) Hopefully, the changeover is still in transition & stuff will continue to be worked out, like the favicon and higher contrast please? I definitely appreciate all the hard work that's been put into the changeover, big ups to all involved. I know how much time and effort it takes. I know that no site such as this can be all things to all people, and it's grand of y'all to actively ask for input on the design and layout :s0155: Ah, and somebody has probably already mentioned this:huh:-- trade feedback scores aren't showing. I miss seeing my illustrious trade rating of 2 next to my name in posts :)

*edit* ah right, just read the mod's posts on the 1st page, I get you about the site security upgrades and stuff within this version of vBulletin. That's a good thing.

Last Edited:
Is there anyway to view the old format?

Unfortunately, no. Eventually we'll have a theme that looks similar color-wise, but the navigation won't be the same as it was. The reasons for the upgrade are sprinkled throughout this thread and the Upgrade Issues thread.

I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of the new format. It's harder to navigate. Things all seem to blend together. I expect I'll grow used to it, but I do wish we could fix glitches and stick with the old school style...

This dislike is in no way meant to disparage the hard work that JoeyLink or any of the moderators put in. It is simply my opinion. Thanks again to all those who make this site run...

I want to make sure nobody feels like they're putting I or anyone else down by giving us their honest opinion. I was fully expecting to hear from folks who don't care from the new site, and I intend to do what I can to modify this version to be more accommodating when possible. Honest feedback helps us develop a better site :)

I have to agree ^

- the home button in the navbar doesn't work for me
- I couldn't log in without checking "keep me logged in"
- Having the CP now called "Settings" is misleading and confusing. It took me a day to find my subscribed threads.
- can't distinguish text links from normal text
- everything looks generally washed-out, dull, and wordy.

I like the new layout of the forums and threads, but not color-wise. And I can't stand the main site navigation and how there's a tiny text user nav area in the top right and then a forum navbar down lower that forces me to scroll so much all the time. Also going back and forth from left to right doing that is frustrating too. IMO it'd be a lot more efficient to have one navigation system and everything centrally located within it, with the page navigation and task flow prioritized from left to right, the same way most English speakers read. For the most part I think the forum is great, but the navigation is extremely disorganized and confusing. I thought the old one was too.

And although I like the black/white color scheme more than the old blue one, It's so dull that distinguishing threads is more difficult. Everything looks the same. I think if you made the the dark greys darker, the colors brighter, and the site more high contrast it would help break up all the text and make it more legible.

Example:
nwfa_layoutsample01.gif

On a personal note, I don't like the new bubbly indicator icons. They're rather big and goofy looking.

I'd also like to suggest putting all of the site advertisements in the resources section. They're taking up a lot of forum real-estate on every page in a place which doesn't seem necessary.

And can we have the old favicon back? The one with the little gun? It's much easier to recognize and switch browser tabs with.

I really appreciate your work and think the forum looks great. Mostly just the navigation is giving me a headache. Thanks for all the hard work and for listening. :s0155: And if there's anything I can do to help image-wise, I'm pretty handy with Photoshop. :)

This sort of detailed post, along with the screen shots, is extremely helpful. Thank you!

Dang Bunny, it's good to have pro web designers like you on the board. Ya raise some good points. ((this isn't sarcasm, I think that she's an actual pro webbie)) Hopefully, the changeover is still in transition & stuff will continue to be worked out, like the favicon and higher contrast please? I definitely appreciate all the hard work that's been put into the changeover, big ups to all involved. I know how much time and effort it takes. I know that no site such as this can be all things to all people, and it's grand of y'all to actively ask for input on the design and layout :s0155: Ah, and somebody has probably already mentioned this:huh:-- trade feedback scores aren't showing. I miss seeing my illustrious trade rating of 2 next to my name in posts :)

*edit* ah right, just read the mod's posts on the 1st page, I get you about the site security upgrades and stuff within this version of vBulletin. That's a good thing.

Trade ratings will be back soon ;)

Once I found the "New Posts" link, I was a happy camper. I don't usually like change but I'm good with this because I know it will pay off in the long run.

Can you give us more information on the Blogs? Who is supposed to be writing what there? Are they open for anyone to write whatever they want? I like to write so I might have to start one up in my spare time :s0114:

The biggest thing I miss is the recent threads list that used to be on the main page. I mean, it's still sort of there but now it is tiny. I know there's the "New Posts" button on the top, but that includes all the WTS/WTT ads and stuff. If there was an option I could check to filter out all the trade ads, that would be perfect.

Being patient, but I'm having trouble liking the white, washed-out look. Would like to see more contrast, and less all-white page layout. I'm finding myself visiting less often because it hurts my eyes to view. Here's to future improvements in appearance....

Thanks to those of you who like the new layout. To those who don't care for it, I'll be working hard to incorporate your suggestions :s0155:

Once I found the "New Posts" link, I was a happy camper. I don't usually like change but I'm good with this because I know it will pay off in the long run.

Can you give us more information on the Blogs? Who is supposed to be writing what there? Are they open for anyone to write whatever they want? I like to write so I might have to start one up in my spare time :s0114:

That it will! As for the blogs, we'll be accepting requests from members who would like to start one once we get the kinks worked out with the other aspects of the site.

The biggest thing I miss is the recent threads list that used to be on the main page. I mean, it's still sort of there but now it is tiny. I know there's the "New Posts" button on the top, but that includes all the WTS/WTT ads and stuff. If there was an option I could check to filter out all the trade ads, that would be perfect.

Going to try to get this worked out as well ;)

Being patient, but I'm having trouble liking the white, washed-out look. Would like to see more contrast, and less all-white page layout. I'm finding myself visiting less often because it hurts my eyes to view. Here's to future improvements in appearance....

This is in the works. Should have a new theme this weekend and hopefully the iTrader info as well.

I'm going to be a turd "if it aint broke, fix it till it is"

Sorry for that, I couldn't resist. I will have faith and patients.

Thank you for your work :s0155:, I will shut up now :)

Dang Bunny, it's good to have pro web designers like you on the board. Ya raise some good points. ((this isn't sarcasm, I think that she's an actual pro webbie))

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) Gotta put that college edjumacation to some good use hehe.

hey, Joey.

Can you add the option for the viewer to change skins?
I'd pay extra to look at the site in a dark background. Like here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/

I'd LOVE to have a dark option like this one. *tries to be patient*

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads