JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lot of people praise the Glock 26 as light and easy to carry.....research shows an unloaded weight of 21.7oz...28.7oz loaded. I am going to start carrying a Ruger SP101 .357 2.25". It weighs 26oz unloaded and 29oz loaded...so less than 1/2 ounce different yet all over the web people lament about how HEAVY the SP101 is...go figure :rolleyes:

As a side note...I don't care about the round difference etc...

Last Edited:
I carry a GP100 sometimes. Yeah now that's a little heavy even with a 3" barrel.

First off, to put things in perspective, most of us are carrying around ten or twenty pounds of extra weight anyway (at least). Wtf do OUNCES matter. Secondly I would rather carry a gun with a little heft, helps manage the recoil of my chosen caliber,45acp. I suppose if you carry a sissy little 9mm it doesn't matter though. Pew pew pew:D

The "felt" weight of a gun might have more to do with how it balances , and how it "feels" to your shape and build.
We are all different shapes and sizes. A that gun feels heavy and awkward to me because of its design , might just be the perfect fit for you.
Also a proper belt and holster can do wonders for carrying a "heavy" gun all day.
Andy

Weight is only part of the issue for me. The ability to conceal w/o printing is one, and the feel of the weapon against my body is another. There really isn't anything poking out on the Glock besides maybe the pinky extension on the mag.

In the real world ( not online) Ive never heard anyone call an SP101 , heavy. Most everyone that's seen mine comments how light and compact it is for a 357.

First off, to put things in perspective, most of us are carrying around ten or twenty pounds of extra weight anyway (at least). Wtf do OUNCES matter. Secondly I would rather carry a gun with a little heft, helps manage the recoil of my chosen caliber,45acp. I suppose if you carry a sissy little 9mm it doesn't matter though. Pew pew pew:D
Already said....don't care about the round difference. :)

Weight is only part of the issue for me. The ability to conceal w/o printing is one, and the feel of the weapon against my body is another. There really isn't anything poking out on the Glock besides maybe the pinky extension on the mag.
They are almost identical in size

I carry a G26 and it does seem combersome at times. It's fairly heavy for a small gun and it pretty wide. I like the ability to have a G17 back up mag though.

I do ,someday, want to buy a S&W 442 or similiar for carrying or the ruger LCP.
For those nice summer T shirt days

Pickup a Charter Arms Undercover Stainless frame in 38 +P empty it weighs 16oz The Undercover lite is only 12oz I carry 125gr HP's in mine with a pretty medium load. Easy to control easy to make 3-4" groups at 10 yards shooting SA.

I'll pass...had a 642...was not fun to shoot. Not TOO bad on recoil (and I am not recoil sensitive) but not fun enough where I would practice as much as I should. A 12oz in .38 Special? No thanks...and as much as I like shooting a revolver SA...I practice in DA a lot more as I figure if I ever have to use it I don't plan on cocking it first.

I like a heavier revolver.

First off, to put things in perspective, most of us are carrying around ten or twenty pounds of extra weight anyway (at least).

Yeah, but usually it is distributed more evenly. A few pounds of gun concentrated in one spot gets noticeable.

Keep in mind other factors. I used to carry a CZ75. It has mags with a metal floorplate. I don't know how many shirts I have with multiple holes worn in that spot from that floorplate, and my wife gives me Hell about the chair backs I've damaged. The world is a lot more peaceful with my Walther PPQ with nice, rounded, plastic floorplates.

I carried a Glock 23 for a while, but that wide Glock slide in an IWB holster got annoying after a while. Looking at a mirror it looked like I was carrying a colostomy bag or something. o_O That was one reason going for the CZ75, nice slim slide that works better IWB.

Printing isn't much of an issue for most of us, we aren't that pretty, no one is looking. Personally I think it's blown out of proportion by gun writers and gun instructors, it makes them feel important. Honestly carrying an FNP 45 or 1911 govt. like I do has never got me in trouble, I think I am of an age where most people think I'm harmless. I like it that way, stealthy. too bad for them.;)

There is serious hotness under this old guy disguise.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top