JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a complete Anderson AR in 300blkout a while back. Was adding some new parts to it when I heard a rattling sound. So I broke it down and found the buffer detent spring and buffer detent inside the lower. The spring was bent. Bought new spring put it back together same thing happened again spring and buffer detent end up coming out when rifle is charged. Rifles never been fired.

Just like everyone else said. Loosen the castle nut and turn the buffer tube in a little more to catch the detent.

Hopefully the buffer catch detent well is not damaged. You'd pretty much have to get a new lower, unless someone was good enough with a TIG welder and a mill to remake the hole

Thanks all going to give it a try..
Here's a good video on how to install a buffer tube. It will give you visuals on everything, and show you how to not bend your takedown detent spring if you undo the castle nut too far. It's easiest to undo the nut with a castle wrench but some strap wrenches will work too. A screwdriver will probably just scratch your gun up.

Just remember when you take that buffer tube out later on to hold that detent pin in or it will be lost in the carpet. Lol. Don't ask me how I know.
I have a big clear plastic bag that I put the receiver in before I work on anything that can go "sproing". Open end of the bag goes down, reach inside the bag to do your work. Keep the spring loaded stuff pointed up, and anything that goes airborne hits the bag and drops softly on the bench. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top