Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Website issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kelzebubba, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

Yesterday I kept getting a malware warning in Chrome and Firefox about slickguns.com. Today this forum is giving me a malware warning. Does anyone see this as a growing trend on firearms related sites?

2. iceman

iceman OR/WA Member

Yes. i Have noticed it as well. Being in the IT industry, i have seen this behavior before. The advertisers on sites like this usually are the ones that are causing it, and for a number of reasons I'm sure, one of which is the gun grabbers i have no doubt.

The fastest and easiest way to infect as many sites and people as possible is to compromise the advertisers of a particular industry.

I

3. Kelzebubba

So it isn't a crazy conspiracy theory that we gun owners are technically under attack then. For a minute there I thought listening to Alex Jones was starting to rub off on me.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  4. iceman

iceman OR/WA Member

Actually, No. i think you were right on, and that's what i was trying to get at in my blubbering.

Yes, i think/know that it is a targeted attack against guns and gun sites. I think its coming from all over and particularly the gov. I was trying to get at that is really not that hard to do, and its even easier as most of these types of sites use the same or similar advertisers, so you comprise the advertisers sites/servers and you can compromise many gun/prep/survival sites in one or to hits....

I

5. Kelzebubba

Greatness. I really wished I would have stayed with computer programming and networking in college. I unfortunately got fed up with a couple of the staffers that were incompetent and decided it wasn't for me. Now I dabble and really wish it was what I was doing for a living.

6. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

I use Mozilla Firefox in stead of Internet Explorer as my browser and this morning Firefox displayed a warning message that NWFA was:

"Google detected badware on the site you were visiting. Firefox uses Google's blacklist to warn you about "Reported attack sites." We understand that you may know and trust this site, but it's possible for good sites to be infected with badware without the site owners' knowledge or permission."

Is it an anti-gun conspiracy or is our site really infected???

7. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Well, I am very glad to be back on this site now!

8. Dan1477

Dan1477 Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

Don't forget that there is a such thing as a false positive. It's probable that a bunch of people on google are reporting our site because they are obama voters.

I always take my antiviral software's advice with a grain of salt. This should put your mind to ease if you don't believe me. http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/www.northwestfirearms.com

9. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ahhh...it's nice to be back! Thank you for all your hard work.

10. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Great to see your back. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.