JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted to share photos of my new (to me) unshaved Webley and inquire about others experiences.

Anyone load for one of these, either in the original .455 or shaved for 45 AR? What have you had the best luck with bullet and powder wise? I have factory ammo but I always like to handload where possible.

20211213_162442.jpg

Not the 455, but I had a friend down in Phx that had the MK IV 38/200 that was a hoot to shoot. I had always heard how it was "just as brutal" as the 455, but if that is the case yours will be a pussy cat!

I have seen British 455 ammo that had a cardboard filler to keep the powder close to the primer hole. Early bullets were hollow base which made the cardboard necessary.

I have seen British 455 ammo that had a cardboard filler to keep the powder close to the primer hole. Early bullets were hollow base which made the cardboard necessary.
Interesting, the case is certainly small enough there wouldn't be much room in there, unless you were using very fast powder. I have a mold for the proper hollow base bullet coming, once I get some case up I can measure the length and see how much room is left for some quickload calculations.

Very nice. Those are fine old revolvers and I've always found the Webleys and Enfields a delight. With respect to ammo, the .455 Webley is still loaded by a few. Fiocchi Heritage line comes to mind.

P.S. Thankfully this one is not shaved for .45 ACP. Anyone who does have one of those, please don't run standard pressure .45 ACP fodder in them. I've personally seen one Webley come apart by doing that. No one hurt, thankfully, but enough damage to the firearm that it was a real issue.

Very nice. Those are fine old revolvers and I've always found the Webleys and Enfields a delight. With respect to ammo, the .455 Webley is still loaded by a few. Fiocchi Heritage line comes to mind.

P.S. Thankfully this one is not shaved for .45 ACP. Anyone who does have one of those, please don't run standard pressure .45 ACP fodder in them. I've personally seen one Webley come apart by doing that. No one hurt, thankfully, but enough damage to the firearm that it was a real issue.
Thanks, I got a good amount of factory ammo but I always like loading what I shoot. These revolvers have a unique condition where they have a groove diameter of .454+ and a throat diameter of .450 or so, and mine was no exception. The original ammo was hollow based to fill up the groove after passing the undersized throat, so I found a hollowbase mold and a very mild charge of bullseye makes for a great shooting gun.

Mines been shaved, im afraid of ruining her so I run black powder loads in my .45acp. Then clean the heck out of it after.

I'm not using it for protection, just something to fire off every few years. I do love to see that puff of smoke.

I have been using 4.5gns of Alliant Unique behind a 260gn RNHB lead bullet for years in my various .455 revolvers. I use Fiocchi .455 Mk.II cases (small pistol primers), but Starline has produced them with large pistol primers pockets, & will hopefully resume production again.
While I have a mold for the 265gn RNHB bullets, for convenience as well as great accuracy, I have settled on using the above-mentioned 260gn bullet from Bear Creek Supply in CA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top