JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any knowledge on this my 87 year old Dad had this stashed for about 45 years he thinks.
Guy

20210930_162858.jpg 20210930_162854.jpg 20210930_162845.jpg

Very neat old revolver. Agree with @CLT65; looks to be a Mark VI. If it is shaved or not is an important factor. (And if one is going to shoot such a modified one, my understanding is they should be downloaded. I've seen one Webley, in person, bust the barrel latch with standard 240-grain .45 ACP.)

One book you might find interesting if you're looking just for a quick overview is:

Revólver británica.jpg

Or, tangentially, if I may look anything up for your, at your service. Anywho, 'gratz on the passed down revolver. :)

Very neat old revolver. Agree with @CLT65; looks to be a Mark VI. If it is shaved or not is an important factor. (And if one is going to shoot such a modified one, my understanding is they should be downloaded. I've seen one Webley, in person, bust the barrel latch with standard 240-grain .45 ACP.)

One book you might find interesting if you're looking just for a quick overview is:

View attachment 1041922

Or, tangentially, if I may look anything up for your, at your service. Anywho, 'gratz on the passed down revolver. :)
The ammo in the paper sack .45 ACP. More photos Thanks

20210930_173858.jpg 20210930_173809.jpg 20210930_173345.jpg 20210930_172828.jpg

Definitely appears shaved, unfortunately. It was a common modification back then. They're still plenty usable, but value suffers a bit.

If it hasn't already been loosened up with too much full-load .45 acp, it should still be a great shooter. Like Country Gent says, shoot light loaded ammo in it only. GI ball has been known to do bad things to them.

Thanks for the additional details. That does indeed look to be a shaved cylinder. One can use moon clips (like EZ Moon clips) or .45 Auto Rim. However, as mentioned, they would have to be loaded to appropriate levels.

If you need parts, Apex has always been helpful with Webley (and other) parts.

Just find the weakest .45 acp that you can find and you'll be fine. I've had my converted Mark VI for 21 years now and haven't had any issues.

Though I have been tempted to come up with some mild BP charges, just because I love seeing a puff of smoke :)

0116192046.jpg

My Webley is also shaved. I have been shooting light reloaded .45acp in it for 20+ years. It has the heaviest trigger I have EVER seen. Is everyone else's Webley trigger incredibly heavy or is it just mine?

I have a 1943 "War Finish" Mk VI (.38/200), and the DA is typical of a service revolver (not objectionable), and the SA is pretty good.

The top break ejection brings a smile to my face each time.

Is everyone else's Webley trigger incredibly heavy or is it just mine?
I've owned at least one Webley and two Enfield revolvers. Neither featured the greatest triggers, nor the worst. The 1895 Nagant revolver and almost every derringer I've ever shot was significantly more obnoxious in this department.

I've owned at least one Webley and two Enfield revolvers. Neither featured the greatest triggers, nor the worst. The 1895 Nagant revolver and almost every derringer I've ever shot was significantly more obnoxious in this department.
Thank you, my Webley trigger is noticeable more stiff than my Nagant revolver, but without the weird release when the cylinder in the Nagant slides backwards after firing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top