JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the last week me and @Melmelhunter .
Have did some duck hunting.
Slow the first few days.
But Tuesday @Melmelhunter got her first duck.
A PINTAIL hen.
And we got 3 Widgeon.
Today we only got one Drake mallard.
But got a few good pictures. MVIMG_20191112_115844.jpg MVIMG_20191112_115906.jpg MVIMG_20191112_162020.jpg 13208.jpeg 13212.jpeg

Oh yeah I forgot .
She was using a Remington wing master.
16ga .
It was her dad's gun.
We had to look around but we found Some federal #4 steal shot in 16ga.

This year I decided to help my daughter hunt for deer so I had to get a SG license for grouse...
If Caveman is in the woods he's gonna kill something to eat.:s0140:
So then I decided to get my waterfowl license, it is the first time in 5 years so hoping we get some rain so I can make up some Swiss Cheese Duck!;)

Last Edited:
Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg IMG_0053.jpeg 1573761083479.png

Last Edited:
Tough day today could have been a great day except we had so many hunters around us it was really hard to get birds to decoy.
But we scratch out 3 birds . 13384.jpeg

Thought we were going to have a super duck day on Sauvie (Mud Lake) today with all of the rain early. But, the rain stopped and we maybe saw 5 ducks flying around. Did sound like blind #1 was getting a little action as were the hunters on the Martin lakes.

Nice to share the day with Mother Nature though. ;)

Duck Blind 11-19-19.jpg

Thought we were going to have a super duck day on Sauvie (Mud Lake) today with all of the rain early. But, the rain stopped and we maybe saw 5 ducks flying around. Did sound like blind #1 was getting a little action as were the hunters on the Martin lakes.

Nice to share the day with Mother Nature though. ;)

View attachment 634242
I should have got out this morning but I was tired.
And slept in probably going to try tomorrow morning for a little bit.

Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

View attachment 633085

View attachment 633066View attachment 633076View attachment 633077
I screen shot that recipe and I'm going to try it .
Soon looks good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads