JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the last week me and @Melmelhunter .
Have did some duck hunting.
Slow the first few days.
But Tuesday @Melmelhunter got her first duck.
A PINTAIL hen.
And we got 3 Widgeon.
Today we only got one Drake mallard.
But got a few good pictures. MVIMG_20191112_115844.jpg MVIMG_20191112_115906.jpg MVIMG_20191112_162020.jpg 13208.jpeg 13212.jpeg

Oh yeah I forgot .
She was using a Remington wing master.
16ga .
It was her dad's gun.
We had to look around but we found Some federal #4 steal shot in 16ga.

This year I decided to help my daughter hunt for deer so I had to get a SG license for grouse...
If Caveman is in the woods he's gonna kill something to eat.:s0140:
So then I decided to get my waterfowl license, it is the first time in 5 years so hoping we get some rain so I can make up some Swiss Cheese Duck!;)

Last Edited:
Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg IMG_0053.jpeg 1573761083479.png

Last Edited:
Tough day today could have been a great day except we had so many hunters around us it was really hard to get birds to decoy.
But we scratch out 3 birds . 13384.jpeg

Thought we were going to have a super duck day on Sauvie (Mud Lake) today with all of the rain early. But, the rain stopped and we maybe saw 5 ducks flying around. Did sound like blind #1 was getting a little action as were the hunters on the Martin lakes.

Nice to share the day with Mother Nature though. ;)

Duck Blind 11-19-19.jpg

Thought we were going to have a super duck day on Sauvie (Mud Lake) today with all of the rain early. But, the rain stopped and we maybe saw 5 ducks flying around. Did sound like blind #1 was getting a little action as were the hunters on the Martin lakes.

Nice to share the day with Mother Nature though. ;)

View attachment 634242
I should have got out this morning but I was tired.
And slept in probably going to try tomorrow morning for a little bit.

Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

View attachment 633085

View attachment 633066View attachment 633076View attachment 633077
I screen shot that recipe and I'm going to try it .
Soon looks good.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads