Waterfowl hunting

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Army
  • National Rifle Association
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
This year I decided to help my daughter hunt for deer so I had to get a SG license for grouse...
If Caveman is in the woods he’s gonna kill something to eat.:s0140:
So then I decided to get my waterfowl license, it is the first time in 5 years so hoping we get some rain so I can make up some Swiss Cheese Duck!;)

Last edited:
Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg IMG_0053.jpeg 1573761083479.png

Last edited:
OP
EPS

EPS

Reactions
Strange day for us as the birds where decoy shy and where not easily fooled like weekends past, still managed to fool these 6

View attachment 633590
Yep we had a few hours with nothing then the weather moved in and we had birds every where.
But as soon as we would get them to decoy some other Hunter would shoot and spook them.
Too many hunters in the small area.

OP
EPS

EPS

Reactions
Thought we were going to have a super duck day on Sauvie (Mud Lake) today with all of the rain early. But, the rain stopped and we maybe saw 5 ducks flying around. Did sound like blind #1 was getting a little action as were the hunters on the Martin lakes.

Nice to share the day with Mother Nature though. ;)

View attachment 634242
I should have got out this morning but I was tired.
And slept in probably going to try tomorrow morning for a little bit.

OP
EPS

EPS

Reactions
Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

View attachment 633085

View attachment 633066 View attachment 633076 View attachment 633077
I screen shot that recipe and I'm going to try it .
Soon looks good.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
Top Bottom