Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Rifleworks
Sporting Systems
Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms Forum
Gun Deals
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Waterfowl hunting

Caveman Jim

Reactions
This year I decided to help my daughter hunt for deer so I had to get a SG license for grouse...
If Caveman is in the woods he’s gonna kill something to eat.:s0140:
So then I decided to get my waterfowl license, it is the first time in 5 years so hoping we get some rain so I can make up some Swiss Cheese Duck!;)

Last edited:
Reactions
Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0053.jpeg
1573761083479.png

Last edited:
OP
EPS

EPS

Reactions
Strange day for us as the birds where decoy shy and where not easily fooled like weekends past, still managed to fool these 6

View attachment 633590
Yep we had a few hours with nothing then the weather moved in and we had birds every where.
But as soon as we would get them to decoy some other Hunter would shoot and spook them.
Too many hunters in the small area.

arrowshooter

Reactions
Thought we were going to have a super duck day on Sauvie (Mud Lake) today with all of the rain early. But, the rain stopped and we maybe saw 5 ducks flying around. Did sound like blind #1 was getting a little action as were the hunters on the Martin lakes.

Nice to share the day with Mother Nature though. ;)

Duck Blind 11-19-19.jpg

OP
EPS

EPS

Reactions
Thought we were going to have a super duck day on Sauvie (Mud Lake) today with all of the rain early. But, the rain stopped and we maybe saw 5 ducks flying around. Did sound like blind #1 was getting a little action as were the hunters on the Martin lakes.

Nice to share the day with Mother Nature though. ;)

View attachment 634242
I should have got out this morning but I was tired.
And slept in probably going to try tomorrow morning for a little bit.

OP
EPS

EPS

Reactions
Haven't been out yet this year. Last hunt from last season Jan 2019. Non-res line at Sauvie. If memory serves, I ended up with four birds, adding a bluebill after taking the pictures. Didn't even put out any decoys, the birds were so decoy shy that late in the season I figured I'd be better off without 'em. With four different species of ducks, I went with duck ale chile.

View attachment 633085

View attachment 633066View attachment 633076View attachment 633077
I screen shot that recipe and I'm going to try it .
Soon looks good.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online