JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm looking to add a ~250 gal water tank to my supplies. Problem is, I'm having a hard time sourcing one. I've found lots online but keep running into the tank being reasonably priced, but the company wanting $300 to ship it.

Specifically, I'm looking for one of the tall ones I can stick in a corner. Not particular on color.

Does anybody know of a place I can purchase one? I am in Snohomish County, WA. I've checked the websites of local farm stores and have only found things in the 750+ gallon range.

Hey guys,

I'm looking to add a ~250 gal water tank to my supplies. Problem is, I'm having a hard time sourcing one. I've found lots online but keep running into the tank being reasonably priced, but the company wanting $300 to ship it.

Specifically, I'm looking for one of the tall ones I can stick in a corner. Not particular on color.

Does anybody know of a place I can purchase one? I am in Snohomish County, WA. I've checked the websites of local farm stores and have only found things in the 750+ gallon range.
local feed store can order one for you but as you found out shipping is very high.
Best if you pick it up from mfg.
I bought mine [300gal in Washougal and picked it up myself.you have to get one that's made especially for potable water [black to keep light out.

What about five 55-gallon barrels?

Costco used to sell them for around $100. Came with the pump and filter too. They will probably bring them back. The only thing they have now is the Waterport 3.8 gallon. Comes with a trailer hit mount adapter. Goes for $200 on their website but costco only wants $139 (at this time). I ordered one.

IMG_20181124_085821.png

The place I linked to on CL has all kinds of containers ranging from 5 gallon pails to 1000+ gallon tanks - usually most of them plastic, but some metal (e.g., 55 gallon) including stainless, and some wood (whiskey/wine) and some cardboard/etc.

The downside is it not a convenient location for someone in Seattle or Medford, and shipping on large items is pretty expensive simply because of their size.

IBC totes - I got my food grade 330 gallon tote from a local bakery for $75 after they used up all the syrup inside. Flush it and shock with pool shock if needed.There is a cover on top and a drain at the bottom. You can get drain adapters that hook up to water hoses. They also come in275 gallon sizes.

upload_2018-6-10_15-37-11-png.png

I'd want white cylindrical type with no ribs so I could see algae growing and so it would be easier to clean. Best if the access hole is large enough for good access to clean it. Rectangular tanks need ribs or an external frame like the one in pickup photo above; otherwise the sides bow out putting stress on the walls.

Id plumb a pressurized tank in line that your water flows out to your house and gets refilled as you use water. That way the water is never stagnant and in the event of a shtf you'd be starting out with fresh water.

Bathtubs. drain em once a week and refill.
(provided you have a spare one that you don't use each day) run the water through a berkey or similar filter.

There is also an entire hot water tank full of water that you can use as well.

I've got one of those plastic enclosed bathtub liners that is covered as well.

Remember that there is also water in the top tank of the toilet.

you can run a humidifier and it will backfill into a tank that you can run through a filtration system (provided you've got backup power to run it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top