1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Wasr-10 gunsmith recommendations

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Nimbus, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Nimbus

Nimbus Walla Walla Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I have a Century Arms Wasr. I really enjoy shooting the rifle but it has the dreaded cooked front sight & I don't care for the uglyness of the weapon. Please don't flame me for this...I know, I know, it's jsut a military weapon & not meant to be pretty!

I'd also like to have a rail installed. I have some nice optics I could exchange from my AR-15 which is quite stunning. :bluelaugh:

Is there a recommended NW gunsmith I could sent it to & get it spoofed up a bit?

Be it good or bad, I have more money than time, so no, I really don't want to work on it myself.

Thanks in advance!
  2. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

3. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

I know a great Gunsmith here is how you can contact him. You can Email him or Call, Just tell him Tony Sent you.

Wolfgang Rotbart
    The Gun Doctor
    503-429-7342 office

Hope this helps,

Tony Portland, Oregon Area
    Verrnonia, Oregon
  4. Jeedia

Jeedia Tacoma, WA Member

I am in the exact same boat. Looking forward to the info
  5. badclam

badclam willapa bay Sunny SW WA Active Member

The WASR gets a bad rap because of problems like yours, and the fact that they are thrown together with ex-military parts of varying degrees of use or abuse. That being said, they usually function quite well, magazine wobble and all. They are usually one of the least accurate and least expensive of the AKs, the one exception being the AMD junk that's going around right now.

I can see getting the sight fixed maybe, but if your going to put money into an AK, why not start with one just a little bit better, like a Mak 90, or a Lancaster build AK. Both are about $100 more than a WASR, and about twice the rifle. Either one is going to have straight sights so you're going to be ahead financially to start with.

I think WASRs are great cheap shooters, but I would never put any money into one.
    Just my $.02
  6. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

7. Nimbus

Nimbus Walla Walla Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I'm leaning that direction. I'll fix the front sight & use it as a fun shooter as-is.