JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Century Arms Wasr. I really enjoy shooting the rifle but it has the dreaded cooked front sight & I don't care for the uglyness of the weapon. Please don't flame me for this...I know, I know, it's jsut a military weapon & not meant to be pretty!

I'd also like to have a rail installed. I have some nice optics I could exchange from my AR-15 which is quite stunning. :s0112:

Is there a recommended NW gunsmith I could sent it to & get it spoofed up a bit?

Be it good or bad, I have more money than time, so no, I really don't want to work on it myself.

Thanks in advance!

Nimbus,
The WASR gets a bad rap because of problems like yours, and the fact that they are thrown together with ex-military parts of varying degrees of use or abuse. That being said, they usually function quite well, magazine wobble and all. They are usually one of the least accurate and least expensive of the AKs, the one exception being the AMD junk that's going around right now.

I can see getting the sight fixed maybe, but if your going to put money into an AK, why not start with one just a little bit better, like a Mak 90, or a Lancaster build AK. Both are about $100 more than a WASR, and about twice the rifle. Either one is going to have straight sights so you're going to be ahead financially to start with.

I think WASRs are great cheap shooters, but I would never put any money into one.
Just my $.02

Nimbus,
The WASR gets a bad rap because of problems like yours, and the fact that they are thrown together with ex-military parts of varying degrees of use or abuse. That being said, they usually function quite well, magazine wobble and all. They are usually one of the least accurate and least expensive of the AKs, the one exception being the AMD junk that's going around right now.
I can see getting the sight fixed maybe, but if your going to put money into an AK, why not start with one just a little bit better, like a Mak 90, or a Lancaster build AK. Both are about $100 more than a WASR, and about twice the rifle. Either one is going to have straight sights so you're going to be ahead financially to start with.

I think WASRs are great cheap shooters, but I would never put any money into one.
Just my $.02

I'm leaning that direction. I'll fix the front sight & use it as a fun shooter as-is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top