JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tip of the hat to the CHL unit at the WCSO. I sent in my renewal form Monday (4/26). Went to the mailbox this morning and my renewed CHL card was there. Less than a week from mailing the renewal to receiving the card. If I knew they would be so fast I would have waited a month to send in the renewal. The renewal 4 year period starts on the renewal date, so I cost myself about 6 weeks of wasted licensed time (old CHL expired in June 2021, new CHL expires April 2025).

It's $20 for a 5 year license, right? So that 6 weeks cost you...about $0.50. Don't feel too bad about the loss in trade for being prudent ;-).

Tip of the hat to the CHL unit at the WCSO. I sent in my renewal form Monday (4/26). Went to the mailbox this morning and my renewed CHL card was there. Less than a week from mailing the renewal to receiving the card. If I knew they would be so fast I would have waited a month to send in the renewal. The renewal 4 year period starts on the renewal date, so I cost myself about 6 weeks of wasted licensed time (old CHL expired in June 2021, new CHL expires April 2025).
Did you get your renewal form/application in the mail as usual? If so, when did you receive it for your June expiration?

No, I was proactive and downloaded the forms. I don't know if they send out renewals, I think many jurisdictions don't.
Thanks-I usually get mailed renewal applications and to set an appointment. I heard from someone else in passing that renewals during COVID has been different and backed-up/slower but without any context.

If you folks want, instead of mailing you can drop it off at the washco sheriff's off box OR, walk up to the CHL office with $50 cash or check and hand them the packet.

Just did it in person. Learned about it today while doing a transfer. Thank you!!

I did an address change earlier this year, took a week from the day I mailed it to the day I had the new one.

WCSO are good people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads