JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Toothless law! It's pretty bad when some snaggle-tooth loser shooting a gun off in a domestic argument can't be charged with it. I suspect Bloomberg has overreached on this one.

The numbers are low for Oregon in previous months too. Does Oregon use NICS for CHL checks, or just go through OSP?

I think people use the cpl to skip the waiting period on pistols hear in Washington. Last couple times I sold a pistol at a ffl in Oregon the guy didnt have a cpl and walked out after the bgc. No waiting period.

Numbers are up because dumb are obeying the new law, every exchange or trade has to be done at ffl. they know this is not enforceable and will not even try to prosecute you for not following it but they are using it to expand their owner database.

Did you actually look at the report? The number of private transactions are called out - a total of 1,069 in March. But there were a total of 126,000 BGC's performed. Hardly accounts for even a fraction of a percent of the total BGC's in March. By contrast, new gun sales accounted for 32,706 of the BGC's. And, 89,999 were BGC's for concealed pistol licenses - up from only 15,736 in February!! That's a HUGE jump in CPL applications in just one month.

No, this has very little, if anything to do with people following a law you would rather have them ignore. And I seriously doubt there are only 1,069 private sales in the whole state of Washington anyway - I'm sure plenty of folks are in fact ignoring I-594.

But back to your comment - of the total of 126,000 BGC's in Washington in March, and only 1,069 being private gun sales, that means that a whopping 0.8% of all BGC's are for private sales. Hardly a staggering number, and really inconsequential to the discussion of the rise in BGC's overall.

Did you actually look at the report? The number of private transactions are called out - a total of 1,069 in March. But there were a total of 126,000 BGC's performed. Hardly accounts for even a fraction of a percent of the total BGC's in March. By contrast, new gun sales accounted for 32,706 of the BGC's. And, 89,999 were BGC's for concealed pistol licenses - up from only 15,736 in February!! That's a HUGE jump in CPL applications in just one month.

No, this has very little, if anything to do with people following a law you would rather have them ignore. And I seriously doubt there are only 1,069 private sales in the whole state of Washington anyway - I'm sure plenty of folks are in fact ignoring I-594.

But back to your comment - of the total of 126,000 BGC's in Washington in March, and only 1,069 being private gun sales, that means that a whopping 0.8% of all BGC's are for private sales. Hardly a staggering number, and really inconsequential to the discussion of the rise in BGC's overall.
My WA CC permit took about 5 days and that was about a year ago.
Rumor has it that there are changes coming in WA which is some sort of class and testing.
Maybe it's good that they are going to check for the presence of brain, but you know the cost will go up.
Right now it's caveman-easy to get a CC permit in WA as long as you are clean and don't have a common name, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top