JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking for my dream all-Oregon hunting rifle. Usage: 90% deer, but would like option for bigger game maybe someday.

Naturally, I'm thinking of a Kimber of Oregon with Leupold 3-9X40.

I know model 89 BGR was available in 30-06 (which would be fine), but did they ever make it in 308?

Any other options for the all-Oregon dream setup I haven't considered?

How much money do you want to invest? Then we can give you an honest opinion ...

I have a Kimber of Oregon, synthetic stock, Mauser action: in .308. Never fired. Ever (by me, I bought it new, they might have fired it at the factory).

Anyone have an idea what the value would be?

For a do-it-all gun. Savage Model 11 Light Weight Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor 5.5 lbs (without scope) and will kill anything in oregon from as far away as you can shoot it.

For a made in Oregon, I completely agree with the Nosler suggestions. My boss has two (a .270 and a .300 WM) and they are very nice. If I was going to go Nosler though, I would opt for one in 6.5x55 as they just added it this year, and I have been begging them for the last two!

I have a Kimber of Oregon, synthetic stock, Mauser action: in .308. Never fired. Ever (by me, I bought it new, they might have fired it at the factory).

Anyone have an idea what the value would be?

I saw one of those at a Eugene gun show last year and they were asking $475 for it new. It was still there at the end of the show, so $475 may be to much, at least in the Eugene area. Maybe $400ish?

We have a winner!

Oregunsmithing is my pick too. I was lucky enough to find one of his rifles used that I could afford and you just can't beat it. Mine's a 270. :s0155:

if i was looking for a custom hunting rifle built to my specs,it would be from here.
Home

Wayne is a craftsman that combines fit,form and function into an accurate and light weight package.
I am a little biased since he and my FiL served together with OSP,and have had the opportunity to handle/shoot some of his work.
RK
RK

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews