JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly, I already know that I'll have to submit at least one form 4 in 2017. I bought a NFA item from an individual in Georgia. That means two transfers. From him to my dealer, then from my dealer to me. I don't expect to get the registered part until 2018. :(

the really sad part about that vid was that it was done BEFORE July 2016. so you can add a few hundred k forms ontop of the stuff that is or was sitting around.

You can't really be surprised by any of this. It is a concrete example of anti-gun forces at work.

Nope, not surprised at all.

While NFA is ostensibly a tax gathering statute, the real purpose was to make certain classes of firearms expensive and obnoxious to own. In 1934, $200 was some cash, while now it buys very little, so that part is less so. The obnoxious factor remains, and then some, though.

For that matter, on the eve of 2017, there is zero technological reason why the NFA information gathered, tax collected, and running a background check, cannot be handled nearly instantly at point of sale. But we all know that ain't happening.

the really sad part about that vid was that it was done BEFORE July 2016. so you can add a few hundred k forms ontop of the stuff that is or was sitting around.

Sad but true. That room with the boxes probably looks like an avalanche of paper and manilla envelopes now. ;)

UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! my form is in one of those boxes.

and the money goes straight into the "general treasury" aka their pockets.

That video was from 4.5 years ago. Back when wait times were just a couple months. I bet the NFA branch wishes they only had 30,000 forms backed up right now!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews