JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I was just wondering why you see more of these in the classified ads, than any other Nightforce rifle scopes. Ive been considering buying one, if the right price is found. Im also wondering how that particular model compares to something like the newer SHV 5-20×56? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

NXS is better glass than SHV. Also more durable than the SHV. NXS is a very good SFP scope.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. I dang near bought one on ebay for a buy it now of $1,400.00 and it had a set of Nightforce rings on it... I should have hit the buy it now button...

FWIW, I have an SHV and think it's great. The NXS is supposed to be even better. You pay for NightForce but you get great value for that price.

There a couple in the classifieds here that are pretty good deals.

That's what I'm talking about. I always see them in the classifieds. Currently I have a 5-20x56 SHV and don't think I could be more happy with it. That particular scope was suggested to me by many people in the know. I, however, like the styling of the NXS better. I'm sure the glass is beautiful and we all know the tracking is second to none. Just a little leery and wondering why I see more of these in the classifieds than any other Nightforce scope. You'll rarely see a SHV, because I think guys use them and love them and hang on to them.. Enlighten me a bit...

The NXS line is just getting a long in the tooth. Lots of equally or lesser priced scopes out there that have more modern features and FFP that people want to try out. Also the NXS-8's are coming so I imagine they are wanting to trade up to those.

I own a couple of NXS's and really like them. I have been very tempted by some of the used ones here but it is still a lot of money for a SFP scope. Not much more money will get me a Razor Gen II.

The NXS line is just getting a long in the tooth. Lots of equally or lesser priced scopes out there that have more modern features and FFP that people want to try out. Also the NXS-8's are coming so I imagine they are wanting to trade up to those.

I own a couple of NXS's and really like them. I have been very tempted by some of the used ones here but it is still a lot of money for a SFP scope. Not much more money will get me a Razor Gen II.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was at Sportsman's last night and looked through a few Nightforce rifle scopes and probably would have bought another SHV, had they had the 5-20x56 in stock. My eyes couldn't tell the difference between it and the $2,000.00 5.5-22x50 that I looked through. I didn't have the cahones to ask to look at the ATACR....:eek: Too much money for my income level...

I've read the 5.5-22x model is the most popular of the NXS line. You might see more of them for sale because they have sold more of them than any other magnification. The NXS line has been around for a while so there have been a lot of those scopes sold over the years.

There a couple in the classifieds here that are pretty good deals.
Caution on buying any expensive optic via classifieds. I apologize for the tangent but keeping forum members safe from fraud is a big deal. Here's the link to a case on Forum.accurateshooter.com:
PLEASE READ - For God's Sake READ THIS and Don't Get Ripped OFF

I own two Nightforce scopes. An old 8-32x56 NXS and a new Precision Benchrest 12-42x56.
Both are great scopes. I found that looking through a couple of different scopes is an easy way to find what is best for your eyes. The benchrest series is no frills and perfect for the bench. NXS is rugged and ideal for more hazards should they arise

One day we'll meet at a range and look through a "curated" selection of our different scopes.

I hunt, so the magnification I chose is 3.5-15x56. One has the NPR1 reticle and the other MOAR reticle. That way I can use the reticle to get my distance and measurements of the sizes on objects. Both reticles are great and more precise than standard Mill Dot. Yet it's enough magnification to use out to one mile. That's the furthest point where the large steel gong hangs

Caution on buying any expensive optic via classifieds. I apologize for the tangent but keeping forum members safe from fraud is a big deal. Here's the link to a case on Forum.accurateshooter.com:
PLEASE READ - For God's Sake READ THIS and Don't Get Ripped OFF

I own two Nightforce scopes. An old 8-32x56 NXS and a new Precision Benchrest 12-42x56.
Both are great scopes. I found that looking through a couple of different scopes is an easy way to find what is best for your eyes. The benchrest series is no frills and perfect for the bench. NXS is rugged and ideal for more hazards should they arise

One day we'll meet at a range and look through a "curated" selection of our different scopes.

Thanks for the warning. I am very leery of buying one that doesnt have its original box. I believe you can call nightforce and inquire about serial numbers, just to check and make sure it's not stolen. Ill be looking at a used NSX 5.5-22×56 this Saturday. It comes with the box, and appears to be a pretty good deal..its probably wise to get a bil of sale on a purchase this expensive

Thanks for the warning. I am very leery of buying one that doesnt have its original box. I believe you can call nightforce and inquire about serial numbers, just to check and make sure it's not stolen. Ill be looking at a used NSX 5.5-22×56 this Saturday. It comes with the box, and appears to be a pretty good deal..its probably wise to get a bil of sale on a purchase this expensive
Stolen items are really tough to detect. I always save my boxes but strangely not everyone does. The real problem is pure fraud where they don't have the item for sale. Talking by phone and getting a custom photo like "put a white sock next to the scope" is how some people "confirm" the scope exists. Good luck with your purchase.

Stolen items are really tough to detect. I always save my boxes but strangely not everyone does. The real problem is pure fraud where they don't have the item for sale. Talking by phone and getting a custom photo like "put a white sock next to the scope" is how some people "confirm" the scope exists. Good luck with your purchase.

Thanks buddy. I'll be driving out towards Yakima and meeting the seller in person. All should go well. Now I'm just hoping the glass in the NSX is at least as good as my SHV...:D

We shall soon find out how good the 5.5-22×56 is. First impression is the reticle isnt as bold/dark as my SHV. Range time will be the deciding factor...

They all do. Pull out on the parallax turret.

LOL. I'm laughing at myself now. I tried earlier, but I guess I wasn't pulling hard enough..!!!:D I need to go and drink some coffee....:oops: Oh man, that's going to help. I like the illuminated reticle... Cool beans.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top