JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$450
Manufacturer
Walther
Caliber
380 ACP
City
Gresham
State
Oregon
Zip Code
For sale -- Walther PPK (yes, PPK, not PPK/S) made by Smith & Wesson, .380 ACP (or, 9mm Short, for you metric nuts). Unfired, in box, two magazines. Full disclosure, there is finish wear on the front strap -- this is just through routine dry handling (my hands are acidic, and modern S&W bluing sucks). Serial number does NOT fall under the recall notice. FTF sales only (no shipping) at FFL of your choice in East Portland/East Multnomah County/Northeast Clackamas County. You pay transfer costs. Saturday usually works best for me. I accept cash/checks/money order. Contact me here via PM or via e-mail at [email protected]
2012-10-10 15-25-46_0007a.jpg 2012-10-10 15-26-35_0012a.jpg 2018-12-12 12-41-45_0017.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
For sale -- Walther PPK (yes, PPK, not PPK/S) made by Smith & Wesson, .380 ACP (or, 9mm Short, for you metric nuts). Unfired, in box, two magazines. Full disclosure, there is finish wear on the front strap -- this is just through routine dry handling (my hands are acidic, and modern S&W bluing sucks). Serial number does NOT fall under the recall notice. FTF sales only (no shipping) at FFL of your choice in East Portland/East Multnomah County/Northeast Clackamas County. You pay transfer costs. Saturday usually works best for me. I accept cash/checks/money order. Contact me here via PM or via e-mail at [email protected]
View attachment 701655View attachment 701656View attachment 701657
From the photo it looks like case coloring from oil/heat case hardening. Is it just the bluing or is it rust and if it is rusted is it pitted?
Thanks
Scott
Semper Fi

IMHO that front strap wear looks kinda cool! But how the heck are your hands so acidic? I didn't realize that was a thing...

It's weird and annoying. My hands eat finishes, if they're weak (and modern S&W bluing is weak. Don't have this problem with the older, higher-polish blues).

From the photo it looks like case coloring from oil/heat case hardening. Is it just the bluing or is it rust and if it is rusted is it pitted?
Thanks
Scott
Semper Fi

It is entirely finish wear and not rust. Actually, it was mostly gray, but I used one of those bluing pens on it. It looks better than it did, believe it or not...

Sorry/happy to hear that. I have two questions, first has it been 100% reliable? I ask because it would be my backup and off duty weapon. My second is where could I meet you? Ever come to the coast? I'm 82 now and don't drive as well or as far as I used to because I just got thru three back surgeries. I live in Coquille but usually buy/sell my guns thru the Yamaha dealership in North Bend just as you come into town from the North on the Coast highway.
Thanks,
Scott Wurster

Oops, just reread your ad. Unifired...it'd been a while since I read it. Disregart the 100% reliable question.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.