JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Think about this...
The anti-gun lobby has been after rifles with certain features under the umbrella term 'assault rifle' for a long time, and not without success. Let's face it, whenever anyone hears 'assault rifle' we all get the image of some type of MSR in our heads.

This is the next step. If they move on to demonizing more types of guns that they want banned, change the label to include more guns by associating them with the type you have already made evil in the minds of many.

Eventually, unchecked, semi-auto (no matter the features) will be associated with 'weapons of war' etc. And they WILL be going after all semi autos. Don't believe me? My plain Jane Ruger .22 is considered an assault weapon in Washington.

While we have always said that semi-autos are the same and 'assault weapon' is a made up term, the association has stuck and the antis could move on with more BS by making a correlation between their 'weapons of war' and anything semi-auto, and the average Joe likely will buy into it given enough time.

Not sure if I am getting my point across, but there you go.
Were already there. Rifles are the low hanging fruit since handguns are more common for crime. Grabbing the less "popular" gun before the one more used in crimes is just empirical evidence they are after all guns.

Think about this...
The anti-gun lobby has been after rifles with certain features under the umbrella term 'assault rifle' for a long time, and not without success. Let's face it, whenever anyone hears 'assault rifle' we all get the image of some type of MSR in our heads.

This is the next step. If they move on to demonizing more types of guns that they want banned, change the label to include more guns by associating them with the type you have already made evil in the minds of many.

Eventually, unchecked, semi-auto (no matter the features) will be associated with 'weapons of war' etc. And they WILL be going after all semi autos. Don't believe me? My plain Jane Ruger .22 is considered an assault weapon in Washington.

While we have always said that semi-autos are the same and 'assault weapon' is a made up term, the association has stuck and the antis could move on with more BS by making a correlation between their 'weapons of war' and anything semi-auto, and the average Joe likely will buy into it given enough time.

Not sure if I am getting my point across, but there you go.
So what you're saying is, this is just more psycobabble? :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top