JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Exclusive: WACOPS votes to oppose gun control initiative, back I-591

The Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs (WACOPS), the state's largest and oldest law enforcement group representing more than 4,500 active duty police officers and sheriff's deputies, dealt a serious blow to Evergreen State gun prohibitionists this morning, confirming to Examiner via telephone that it will oppose Initiative 594 and support Initiative 591, making it the second statewide law enforcement group to take that position.

<broken link removed>

Thanks again Dave for another great article. Here is a reply I posted elsewhere in response to this for people to consider.
------------------------------
I know there are bad cops in law enforcement however to be honest my experience is that most of them support the right to keep and bear arms. I've personally had a sheriff deputy tell me that they know that their job would be impossible without lawful gun owners to keep the criminals in check. Not as vigilantes mind you but the very fact that so many are able to defend themselves sends a message to criminals that they don't just have a free pass to commit crime. I also had a highway patrol officer once tell me that concealed carry permits are nothing but an illegal tax. The four sheriff candidates currently running for office in my county also all support the right to keep and bear arms as well. One way we can debunk the claims of the gun grabbers is by showing them that gun owners and peace officers (I know the tern isn't used much anymore but there are still many that fit the description) have a good relationship and that we believe in and exercise the right for the same reasons. I.E. To deter crime and for the off chance that we may need to defend ourselves or others. At the same time we must do so responsibly as well however truth be told most of us that carry already are responsible about it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top