JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there an official legal consensus on transferring/adding a firearm to a trust? Will gun shops do a 594 transfer to a trust? Is transfer documentation provided as a receipt?

I'm planning to do a Form 1 on a pistol I already own, newly created a trust.

Thanks

A lot of this depends on the trust. Anything I purchase I add to my trust on my own except NFA items. I would suggest contacting the person that you got your trust through to clarify how yours works.

If this won't work not sure what to tell you other than contact an attorney.

I have a gun trust I set up for Title 2 (NFA) items, I've added several items that started out as Title 1 items which I either made into Title 2 items using form 1, or had a manufacturer make for me using form 4. Regardless of which method you use to make a Title 2 item, you'll need to furnish ATF with a copy of your trust. The trust should include a page witch enumerates the items in the trust. Once a new item is approved, add it to the list.

In all fairness, this was all done before the last ATF changes to trusts which require trustees to be fingerprinted and other assorted BS, I don't know if other changes were made beyond that scope.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top