Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA trade deals; a new one on me.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by OregonJohn, May 25, 2010.

1. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

I have a new one. I just had a person refuse to make a gun deal because I told him we would need to use a FFL. It was his belief that I could trade him a EOTech for a his pistol with no FFL. He waited to the very last moment to inform me he was in WA. I am in OR and he is in WA. He said that because the gun was used, no FFL was needed. He told me that he trades accross state lines all the time, even with LEOs. Then he told me because it was a 22 rim fire no FFL was needed. Then he told me, that I was bringing in a sight and not a gun, it was O.K. I showed him the NWF post on this subject and still he would not agree. I even offered to pick him up and go over to Coctailers for the transfer in Vancouver. No deal.:( At our last contact, he insisted I was wrong and there was no way he was going to give any information to the Feds. He called me a few choice names and said I was backing out of the deal. What it a guy to do.

John

2. itgoesboom

itgoesboom Hillsboro Member

I would say thats not someone you want to deal with.

3. toobigtofail

toobigtofail PDX Member

I dunno, what is a guy to do? You can give him a bad rating, but then expect that he'll give you a bad rating as well. Or you can just forget the whole thing. I'd probably go with the second thing.

4. OregonJohn

I should have stated, it was not a NWF member. I think that most of us NWF members are starting to come around on this subject. It is not worth the trouble, even with members you have traded with and know.

John

5. toobigtofail

toobigtofail PDX Member

Well, I'm glad it's not a forum member. Every trade I've made with forum members has been smooth as silk. :D

6. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Could have been an ATF agent............

7. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

OJ sounds like you were the smart one here

8. gst264

gst264 Independence Member

That's some whacky stuff! My first business deal on NWFA was with you OJ and I think I've been lucky to have only one flakey instance in about 1.5 years! You're ok by me!

9. OregonJohn

Thanks. My new, old policy, is to try at all cost to keep it legal. You never know if you are getting baited into some kind of trap. He only wanted to deal if I came to his house. I don't think I would like the being the GIMP.

John

10. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

:laugh:
    :laugh:

You did right John. I would avoid that guy like the plague.

11. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, good call. At best, the person is an idiot. Worst case they're trying to get you to break the law. I try to avoid both idiots and a possible prison stint.