JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What we really need is a director who is ELECTED as opposed to APPOINTED. I can think of a couple people off the top of my head that are advocates and would make excellent director of WDFW.

~Whitney

I couldn't agree more with your statement Whitney.

Unfortunately, we would still face the problem of the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission consisting of the 9 members serving 6 year terms who are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the senate. Only if they made the entire WDFW commission and WDFW director positions to be elective office could we truly gain some ground in battling the crookery. As long as that isn't all done, there will always be loopholes. :(

Heard the fine for fishing without a license is $100. Just sayin'....

I hear ya, Not a direct response but want to share a personal story.

A few years ago ALL of the wildlife violations were merged into one big statute and were written so as to be CRIMINAL offenses.
These are NOT simple citations, if you get a ticket for ANYTHING you will have to appear in court and be arraigned before a judge.

So.... the story goes, I was cited for having too many fish and using the wrong gear in a lake. The mistake was entirely mine and was not flagrant disregard for law. Long and short of it I did not fully understand the fishing regulations and the WDFW officer could see this to be true. Still I had to go to court for a CRIMINAL act.

The judge was amusing when she asked, "We have trout here"? My criminal citation was reduced to an infraction and I was fined $300.00. That was a damned expensive fish. (WDFW let me keep it)

Just saying.

~Whitney

A few years ago ALL of the wildlife violations were merged into one big statute and were written so as to be CRIMINAL offenses.
These are NOT simple citations, if you get a ticket for ANYTHING you will have to appear in court and be arraigned before a judge.

So.... the story goes, I was cited for having too many fish and using the wrong gear in a lake. The mistake was entirely mine and was not flagrant disregard for law. Long and short of it I did not fully understand the fishing regulations and the WDFW officer could see this to be true. Still I had to go to court for a CRIMINAL act.

The judge was amusing when she asked, "We have trout here"? My criminal citation was reduced to an infraction and I was fined $300.00. That was a damned expensive fish. (WDFW let me keep it)

Just saying.

~Whitney

Hah! Think both the game warden and judge realize you damn near need a cryptologist, linguist, tax code and criminal lawyer to help decipher these thick freaking pamphlets!
:s0114:

Was this done by the Commission?

Did it taste like a $300 fish... Sorry I couldn't resist...:oops:

Just saying.

~Whitney

Show Me Your Papers Please
Thread quickly devolved to "doesn't affect me so......"
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2011-12/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/6135-S.pdf

It tasted like $hit.

I guess you could say I sort of paid for my education.;)

~Whitney

Wow, I see that.

That was before I moved to WA. Pretty crazy from what I just read! Found the bill as it passed into law and will surely give this madness a read later. All 57 pages of it, you know, the longer the bill the... ugh... just... well, never good. :confused:
http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2011-12/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/Senate/6135-S.SL.pdf#page=1

Thanks for the share.

Hey, one of my reps wrote me back. Bill Jenkin 16th district. Said he wasn't even aware of these hikes. I have know idea how they run things in Olympia, but they damn sure oughta have a chalkboard in the foyer of every business office in our house and senate with every proposed new law some bubblegummer is writing or proposing. If my rep doesn't even know these bills are being proposed, how is he supposed to speak out against them? I think it's a covert operation, hey, us seattleites are gonna screw the outdoorsmen and women in this building at this time, shhh. Don't tell anyone but your favorite fee increasers. If it looks like a rat?

Whitney, I guess the average Joe outdoorsman (Hell, Joe gun owners for that matter) have no earthly idea of what new laws affect them. This is what (ANY) GOV agency likes to do, penalize the uninformed for being ........ well, uninformed.
I am looking at all these anti-gun laws (year after year) in disbelief that our politicians are so intent on impairing our constitutional rights.
It sometime feels like I'm in a episode of Orwell's "1984"...:mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads