JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am usually pretty up on state laws but was just asked a question I can not find an answer to.

What are the laws concerning minors and knives?

I have seen RCW 9.41.250 and .270 but that does not really cover the question. Links would be helpful.

I am usually pretty up on state laws but was just asked a question I can not find an answer to.

What are the laws concerning minors and knives?

I have seen RCW 9.41.250 and .270 but that does not really cover the question. Links would be helpful.

RCW 9.41.040 is the only RCW with both knife and minor in it. (use the legislature's search function).

IMHO: you first need to define "minor" (under 18) and then "knife". If the type of "knife" you are asking about is defind as a "dangerous weapon" then we all have a problem because our CPL is not a "concealed weapons license", it is a "concealed pistol License".

It looks like RCW 9.41.270 is the controlling section for knife carrying/possession in public, and it doesn't make a distinction between minors and others (thus applying to everybody). It seems to be applicable only based on circumstances (knife carried to intimidate or to cause harm to others), but the case law needs to be checked to see whether courts extended that section with their interpretations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top