Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Volunteers Needed on July 10 in the Snoqualmie National Forest

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Sun195, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Got this info from the NRA today - good opportunity for gun owners to show they care about public lands.

Volunteers Needed on July 10 in the Snoqualmie National Forest

The U.S. Forest Service is asking for volunteers to assist in a clean-up of garbage and debris left at several shooting sites located in the GREENWATER AREA on the Snoqualmie Ranger District of the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.

The areas are becoming filled with a variety of trash, household items, and shooting debris. In order to keep access opened, the areas need to be cleaned and maintained. The Service does not have sufficient staff to do this on its own and is asking for help.

Please consider donating some time to this effort. It is one of the major ways that keeps Federal lands open to the public for informal target shooting.

You are asked to bring trash bags and gloves. If you can join in this volunteer effort and/or have questions, please contact Officer Ian Canaan at 206-510-6496 or email him at icanaan@fs.fed.us.

The details of the Volunteer Clean-Up Day are as follows:

Saturday, July 10
    9:00am - 1:00pm
    Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
    Snoqualmie Ranger District
    Forest Service Road 70, Mile Post 5.5

2. bryan7675

bryan7675 Kent, WA New Member

Thank you for the info. I'm planning on being their.

3. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Sounds like a great idea. I'll be there. I think I will fill my truck up and go to the dump.......:thumbup:

4. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

btt

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

A reminder - this worthy event is tomorrow.