JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seams like any gun that makes it into a video game, then goes on to be a solid seller. Personally I am not a gamer but due to the nature of guns in video games I have ended up with quite a few. Mainly thanks to the secondary market were gamer/gun collectors then sell them off post shooting the real thing. Examples:

DEGLE:
I ended up with a Desert Eagle in 50AE, would never have bought one new. But mid pandemic traded a CZ Scorpion for one since the seller (and everyone else) could not find 50AE ammo. Now I have a "Degle" that would not normally be in my collection. I reload and stock components so non issue for 50AE ammo. Fun 7lb range toy, but hell no in using it for personal defense. Looks impressive and why its a gamer gun.

Kris Vector
My oldest son (gamer like of course) kept bugging me to buy a Vector. I told him I already had Glocks that shot Glock mags just fine. But for his 18th birthday I gave him a Kris in 9mm, so now of the goofy/ heavy Glock mag shooting but very cool looking gun is in there too.

FN57
Customer buying a product that I make, ask about guns as trade. Cash + I ended up with a sub 50rd fired FN57 in the box with like 5 extra mags including a few massive 30rd ones all unused. He saw them in the game, bought one shot it and the experience was over for him so he just wanted to trade it off. Fun one to shoot, costly of course and as a reloader its encouraged to not reload the 5.7 due to the very very small margins of error due to size. So a bit of a safe queen but very low hard $ so its a keeper for the cool factor.

CZ Bren 805
Listed for sale on this board, always liked what CZ made with the Scorpion so picked it up used with a few accessories for about $500 under market. THEN discovered its in video games when my boys saw it. "Dad that is a Bren, they are great!" As in they like shooting them in video games. It's smooth action and crazy nice to shoot.

I have a few more, but lets hear what you have ended up with….

Only one I'd ever get based solely on a video game.

1654457208845.jpeg

I want that gun that never runs out of ammo and always makes a racking sound whenever it's pointed. If it also makes that pew-pew-pew sound, that would be helpful.

For me, it's a number of guns. My Colt Python, Stainless USP 9mm, FN five seven, Benelli M4, Glock 17, MP5 aka Zenith ZF-5 clone, FN FS2000, Beretta 92FS and I'm sure a few others.
I remember playing the original Half Life games and seeing the Glock used in there and that became my first pistol. After high school, I went into the service and continued to add to my collection from there on and continue to stand for the preservation of our Constitution and the 2A.

GOLDEN EYE!!! Likewise!!!
BTW I'll SMOKE your bubblegum if you ever wanna get down dude!!! ;)
I think my younger brother still has all of the N64 stuff.

As much as I liked Golden Eye I preferred Perfect Dark.

I played my share of video games in my younger years, but now I have the opportunity to ride, hike, camp, hunt, shoot, and build to my heart's content. I have more projects than I can shake a stick at, and games rarely take precedent. I haven't played a first person shooter in over a decade so no gun I own is based off of a game.

My video gaming stopped around 1997. Though I love my westerns, thus the SAA.

But what's wrong with mine?, darn thing only holds 6 shots. Those in the movies hold at least 1,000 shots per cylinder.

Last Edited:
Missing the point of the thread. It's not "what do you want to own because you love video games". It's what do you own because they are available, due to gamers.
I'm pretty sure "gamers" haven't opened any access to any "real" firearms to anyone, ever. I guess I'm more confused after reading your reply though. In my youngest days I was busy riding our horses or dirt bikes, when I got older I was riding other people, oops, I mean things, LOL.

I'm pretty sure "gamers" haven't opened any access to any "real" firearms to anyone, ever. I guess I'm more confused after reading your reply though. In my youngest days I was busy riding our horses or dirt bikes, when I got older I was riding other people, oops, I mean things, LOL.
Gamers go buy guns becouse they are in video games. Said gamers then discover, ya they are a real gun and not the fantasy they thought and look at that $1800 Desert Eagle they now put 20 rounds through, but cant get any more ammo for so they sell off the gun. Or in my case trade off for something they can find ammo for. Never planned on owning one, but ya I will trade a $850 gunfor a $1800 one. Thanks video games.

Those of us that DONT play video games, then benefit as some cool guns come available that we may have never bought before. Thus the thread.

Another example of mine.

Styer AUG:
Guy bought it due to the games its in. Modified it a bit then put it up for sale when hard up for cash. I was not looking for an AUG but for $1200 w/glass and mods sure why not.

BTW: When my boys were early teens and really wanted to spend time playing video games. I set them up and introduced them to paintball, then spent every weekend playing paintball with them. The best "first person shooter" game. Instant feed back and everyone knows if you really were hit due to that huge splat of paint on you, or 5 splats. Real fun is QCB in a maze with paintball. For about 3yrs almost every weekend in summer we played. Paint was killing me $ and boys got really good, so moved them to mag fed paintball. Others with full ramping (think auto) markers and my boys with 10 shots then had to swap mags. Oldest switched to mag fed pistol to make it even more sporting. Great times with way better knees.
C92FD3B8-3B7B-43A7-BF50-D8B7509F6BC8.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads