JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You have sacrificed for us and we can ask you for nothing more. You have done your share when it really counts and shown your courage and sacrifice for you country. We owe you for your sacrifice but we have let you down by letting the constitution you fought for be trampled on. Myself I am ashamed after all that sacrifice it has turned out like this.

I am trying to fight the corruption that brought this on and frankly I am embarrassed to ask for your help. We need the kind of men you are to do what ever works for you as we kick this fight off against corruption. Join us if you will, you have the patience talent and maturity it's going to take to do this. None of us know better than you do, you are the honorable men who have the most right by your sacrifice to speak out against government corruption.

What say you?

I didn't fight in the Infantry to be more equal than others. The fact I chose to serve doesn't give me anymore right than you.
We are all Americans. That's how we fight back.
United We Stand.

I didn't fight in the Infantry to be more equal than others. The fact I chose to serve doesn't give me anymore right than you.
We are all Americans. That's how we fight back.
United We Stand.

That title as a veteran stands for a lot using it to help in the fight has power. It's simply about fighting the corruption, I am not trying to say one American is better but you are recognized for what you have done. We all are Americans and it takes civilian support to fight the battles but titles are needed in the fight, corrupt politicians pay no attention to the rest of us.

Jim
Thanks for the nice words.
I just got a warning from JoeLink.
I offended some one of the greasy blue-bellied lizards.
Probably not a good candidate for public relations or most relations.
Sincerely thinking of what comes next.
Rick

:D:D Sorry, I had to chuckle :oops: You post really well, how about calling a radio talk show tomorrow and letting them know how mad you are at the corruption?

That title as a veteran stands for a lot using it to help in the fight has power. It's simply about fighting the corruption, I am not trying to say one American is better but you are recognized for what you have done. We all are Americans and it takes civilian support to fight the battles but titles are needed in the fight, corrupt politicians pay no attention to the rest of us.

Once a person raises their right hand and swears to defend this country against all enemies foreign and domestic, they become a Veteran pure and simple. We currently have a domestic enemy in the form of the governing body in the Oregon legislature and possibly the governor's office. It is our duty to fight that enemy with all we have at our disposal. PLEAE keep in mind that we are up against not only the individual, but the office also. When we ask them to support the 2nd amendment we must keep things on a positive plane and stay respectful and professional. Attacks and name calling and other boorish behavior only serve to help the opposition.

On the subject of Veterans, this bill will deny 2nd amendment rights to a Veteran that has been diagnosed with PTSD because that will show up on a BGC. Thank you VA and eric holder. Those that have been deemed mentally deficient for what ever reason will not be flagged as that information is doctor patient privledge.

Let's go after this with all we have at our disposal but please keep it on a professional and respectful level. They haven't treated us that way but if we rise above them then we have won a battle for us and that helps.

:D:D Sorry, I had to chuckle :oops: You post really well, how about calling a radio talk show tomorrow and letting them know how mad you are at the corruption?
My wife said I am honest to a fault.
I don't type real fast, so I'm forced to look at what I'm saying. most times I make changes before I "post reply". I was an effective platoon Sgt, the club Chief Range Safety Officer says I am his bestest RSO.
I have situational awareness, but talk radio might wear out there bubblegum button before they cut me off.

I don't type real fast, so I'm forced to look at what I'm saying. most times I make changes before I "post reply". I was an effective platoon Sgt, the club Chief Range Safety Officer says I am his bestest RSO.
I have situational awareness, but talk radio might wear out there bubblegum button before they cut me off.

We have a common goal but I really can't ask those who have sacrificed to help again. If you feel like doing something however big or small feel welcome. Thanks for your service, I made a living under the sacrifice of good men, maybe I can pay some back by fighting for our rights here.

I've read the Bill along with all the approved amendments and nothing in the legislation introduced in SB 941 prohibits veterans from obtaining firearms who have PTSD. The pre existing Oregon laws always were related to assisted outpatient mental health. If you are currently enrolled (enrolled I mean locked away) in a mental health facility you shouldn't have firearms. If you voluntarily locked yourself away I think participation should keep you from firearms until you are cleared to leave such facility.
Nothing under the current federal or state laws keep veterans from PTSD.

This law really screws over 3 types of people.

1. The law abiding citizen with an additional criminal background check fee and the annoyance of meeting at a dealer every time you want to trade/sell.

2. The private dealers who make a living on these boards by buying/selling/trading. I know some old timers who actually make a decent living scooping up under priced guns or poorly maintained and flipping them as a side hobby.

3. Straw dealers can't use forums like this to interact with law abiding citizens anymore. That is the only component I like about this stupid law.

MSDQ,

I have to disagree with you on the PTSD thing. I have a brother and a close friend that have been denied and both have CWP's and have been buying firearms through dealers whenever the mood strikes them. My brother went to the state police office after repeated requests to find out why he was denied. The officer took him into a room and went through the questions on the form. When he asked about mental problems and there were none he asked him if he had been diagnosed with PTSD. That did it. Maybe it doesn't spell it out in this law but it is there. I'm just going by what happened to a close friend and my brother who was decorated for Valor while serving in Vietnam.

Thankfully I've not done anything at DRRC to incur the wrath of an RSO - you might say something that would offend my sensibilities ;)

A back and forth about how SB941 hurts Active Military gun owners. The Pro Bill mouthpiece dances around the question of "would a Service man on deployment be penalized for leaving his guns with a friend without going through a BG check/Transfer"? The SB941 advocate doesn't say "yes or no" outright, she mentions the limited exemptions but the answer is as we all know, Yes he would face charges and fines!

How any of the Dems who voted for this crap lie and call themselves Friends of the Men and Women serving in the Military is beyond reason! They despise a lot of our freedoms that our Military protects it seems to me. At the very least they don't fathom the importance of Freedoms like our Right to Keep and Bear Arms!

Representative Gail Whitsett Republican - District 56 - Klamath Falls seems to get it. What the hell is wrong with the ones who don't?!:mad:

Last Edited:
7 May, 2015

The Honorable Kate Brown
Governor, State of Oregon

Governor Brown,

I would sincerely request that you veto SB 941 when it arrives on your desk. Please give consideration to my reasons for this request;

At the beginning of your administration you stated that you will have a transparent administration and indeed will actively lobby the Oregon legislature to submit bills that will assist that effort. SB 941 was rushed through the Oregon legislature in a manner that is contrary to the proper process in lawmaking much less giving credibility to the transparency of Oregon government. That and the unnecessary "emergency" clause clearly demonstrate that the interest of Oregonians is not being well served.

I have attended events where you have praised our Veterans for their service and sacrifice. While that thanks is greatly appreciated, this bill singles out a class of Veterans diagnosed with PTSD and denies them their 2nd amendment rights. When we came home from Vietnam we were not treated very kindly by the nation as a whole. We were spit on, called vulgar names and in many instances physically assaulted. Despite that, we rose above the adverse conditions and continued to serve our communities, state and nation and kept it forging ahead to remain the greatest nation ever. We vowed that no other generation of Veteran would be treated in such a manner. My son just retired after 21 years in the United States Air Force. I have a real tough time explaining to him what is happening with this law. It is hard to make him believe that while his country loves him and respects his service, certain law makers are doing what was done to us years ago. Quite frankly, Governor Brown, I think I would rather be assaulted and spit on.

In closing, I would again ask that you review the provisions in this bill and see just how ineffective it is and in listening to various law enforcement agencies testimony, just how unenforceable SB 941 is. Letting our Veterans down is just simply not acceptable.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter,

Lewis (Louie) White

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews