JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Representative Patrick Brennan's bill will repeal the ban on suppressors in the state of Vermont. :)

His response to my e-mail

"my bill will be signed into law within the next few weeks. It allows for both possession and manufacture ,as well as use on ranges .it does not allow for hunting . That will be my next step after I have educated both the public and law enforcement as to what a suppressor really is."

His e-mail is [email protected] I already sent him a nice thank you note.

http://ballotpedia.org/Patrick_Brennan_(Vermont_legislator)

You must Hate BAMBI!!! In fact, with Questions like yours, you must be a Racist!

/sarcasm

philip

(It really is about Bambi, she should have the Right to know where Not to Run...)

is it really about giving the deer a sporting chance? Im pretty sure they could hear a suppressed firearm just as well.

What's the political logic (not to be confused with real logic) behind not using when hunting?
It's for the equal rights of the deer. You're just a monster if you use some super evil silencer a rifle that turns a loud boom into a rat fart on a deer so they can't hear you at all. ;) Though I'm sure they could come up with some "public safety" mumbo jumbo that makes even less sense, but what else would an anti-gun politician do?

Though I'm glad I'm allowed to hunt here with suppressors... Not that I ever use one.

By that logic we should require bows to go BANG when they are shot--in fact much tech in bows has been to silence them so the deer don't "jump the string"

What's the political logic (not to be confused with real logic) behind not using when hunting?

From what I understand it was to prevent poaching which was much more of a concern in the past than it is now.

I believe that like today's effort to ban "high power assault weapons" banners are counting on ignorance to further their lies. That is why the representative's tactics are right on. Education as to what suppressors really are goes a lot further than demanding rights (or snarky comments).

We all know that suppressors are not the "go to" for poaching. Even in the more densely populated eastern states, the chances that someone is going to get busted for poaching solely because a neighbor heard & reported a shot are so remote that to use this as reasoning is ludicrous.

My 30 cal can even on my 556 is louder than my unsuppressed 22LR, were I to poach I would choose the 17HMR which is quieter still.

I agree that these should not be regulated but until the fear created by ignorance is countered by education, they will remain so.

From what I understand it was to prevent poaching which was much more of a concern in the past than it is now.

I believe that like today's effort to ban "high power assault weapons" banners are counting on ignorance to further their lies. That is why the representative's tactics are right on. Education as to what suppressors really are goes a lot further than demanding rights (or snarky comments).

We all know that suppressors are not the "go to" for poaching. Even in the more densely populated eastern states, the chances that someone is going to get busted for poaching solely because a neighbor heard & reported a shot are so remote that to use this as reasoning is ludicrous.

My 30 cal can even on my 556 is louder than my unsuppressed 22LR, were I to poach I would choose the 17HMR which is quieter still.

I agree that these should not be regulated but until the fear created by ignorance is countered by education, they will remain so.

that sounds like political logic. They think that someone could shoot an entire heard of elk or cows completely silent and no one would know because of a "silencer." When in reality it would not be even close to working that way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top