JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got one - sweet shotgun!

Do you think they will let me shoot trap with this at my local club? LOL

Sure they will. It's more accurate for clay pigeons than one would think. Not up to a dedicated trap guns standard of course. They use them extensively for hunting in Russia. Best of all, if you are out with your buddies tossing them and the 2 shot rule is not in effect, you can blast with your hearts content at the single clay floating out there and you WILL be busting them clays:)

To anyone else who scored one (Atlantic Firearms and Centerfire Systems has also put them up for $799 although CFS is charging $15 in freight.)

I've been lucky, but 2 Jamming issues to pay attention too. 1st) Remember to pay attention to what VEPR says is the min strength 2-3/4" loads needed (they shoot 2-3/4 and 3" shells, and there are reports of folks getting 3/1/2 to work). Memory says 1-1/8 ounce of shot at 1300 FPS. Don't buy cheap Walmart low brass for a new Vepr 12 and expect 100% reliability, cause the cheap crap with low power can cause jams as the pistons on these are air driven. So unlike any and every pump shotgun made, if you don't have enough "omph", it won't kick back enough to successfully reload. You can also soften the "omph" by weak shouldering, or putting on a recoil pad, and get jams that way. Some of these will run weak shells right out of the box, some won't. Factory recommends the stronger stuff and tight crimps, like Federal brand shells have, for the top.

2nd) Putting some (Thats SOME) high tech red dot sighting devices can cause empty shells to get jammed. Make sure whatever you put on top of it sits behind the ejection port.

For myself, love them. These things kick so much (word for a Donkey) and are so seriously versatile and nice I don't know how anyone can only own just one:)

Good points Bill. I'm going to get a modified choke, some #8 birdshot and try my luck!

I ran several boxes of Federal 00 shot (1325 FPS) and slugs (1600 FPS). One FTE in the 10 round SGM magazine, but otherwise flawless performance.

I was thinking about a Limbsaver recoil pad as my shoulder is pretty bruised. But if that can cause jams...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top