JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, you can't get a built WC lower for $100. But you can get a bare one for $50, which is a great deal:

https://wilsoncombat.com/receiver-ar-15-lower-forged-mil-spec-cosmetic-blem.html

The difference is substantial w/a basic PSA lower. It is vastly tighter and on the inside of spec if you want a premium build. I have bare ones of each on hand right now. I've test fit quite a few parts and uppers in each and it's not close on the quality. I don't have a big issue w/ Anderson or PSA receivers, and own some of each (two of each to be precise). But it's NOT the same as a premium receiver held to tighter tolerances for a better build in competent hands.

No, you can't get a built WC lower for $100. But you can get a bare one for $50, which is a great deal:

https://wilsoncombat.com/receiver-ar-15-lower-forged-mil-spec-cosmetic-blem.html

The difference is substantial w/a basic PSA lower. It is vastly tighter and on the inside of spec if you want a premium build. I have bare ones of each on hand right now. I've test fit quite a few parts and uppers in each and it's not close on the quality. I don't have a big issue w/ Anderson or PSA receivers, and own some of each (two of each to be precise). But it's NOT the same as a premium receiver held to tighter tolerances for a better build in competent hands.
I'd be curious to see your results. Also would be curious to see who manufactures the wilson lowers.

You'd be shocked at which companies use the same manufacturer.....

I'd be curious to see your results. Also would be curious to see who manufactures the wilson lowers.

You'd be shocked at which companies use the same manufacturer.....
The results are outlined above.

Wilson manufactures their receivers, not anyone else. This they state plainly. There are a few common suppliers of castings. That is not the same as manufacturing a finished product. That would be like saying a Fiat and a Ferrari are the same level, because they buy steel from the same foundry.

The results are outlined above.

Wilson manufactures their receivers, not anyone else. This they state plainly. There are a few common suppliers of castings. That is not the same as manufacturing a finished product. That would be like saying a Fiat and a Ferrari are the same level, because they buy steel from the same foundry.
Right, I am saying I'd like to see it for myself. I guarantee you can't notice a difference between a milspec psa lower and a milspec Wilson lower as far as fitment. Maybe a better anodizing and cleaner roll mark yeah.

Psa's mil spec lowers are mfg by aero and their uppers by anchor Harvey.
Both have been making receivers a lot longer than Wilson.

…I guarantee you can't notice a difference between a milspec psa lower and a milspec Wilson lower as far as fitment. Maybe a better anodizing and cleaner roll mark yeah.

Psa's mil spec lowers are mfg by aero and their uppers by anchor Harvey.
Both have been making receivers a lot longer than…
Lol, I can guarantee you are wrong. You can measure it - give it a try. I can tell by your post you are not very experienced with firearms manufacturing or how ARs are generally built- so let's step back and give a factual review.

- Wilson Combat has been machining receives and making firearms longer than Aero has been in the gun business.
- Also ditto with WC - they have been at it longer than PSA has been in business - much, much longer than pSA has been making their own firearms. - Anchor Harvey does not manufacture firearms at all. They provide raw castings that others use.

I believe you have a very mistaken understanding of how manufacturing a firearm works, wrt cast, machining, finishing, and then final assembly of parts.

Last Edited:
Lol, I can guarantee you are wrong. You can measure it - give it a try. I can tell by your post you are not very experienced with firearms manufacturing or how ARs are generally built- so let's step back and give a factual review.

- Wilson Combat has been machining receives and making firearms longer than Aero has been in the gun business.
- Also ditto with WC - they have been at it longer than PSA has been in business - much, much longer than pSA has been making their own firearms. - Anchor Harvey does not manufacture firearms at all. They provide raw castings that others use.

I believe you have a very mistaken understanding of how manufacturing a firearm works, wrt cast, machining, finishing, and then final assembly of parts.
You just misquoted everything I said.

I never said anchor Harvey manufactures firearms. They manufacture forgings for people to use in their uppers (colt / psa just to namr a few off top of head) figured I'd clear that up for you since you are thinking I'm saying something I'm not.

Also i never said WC has been manufactirong FIREARMS less than aero. I said Wilson combat has not been making AR15 receivers longer than aero. You're stupid to think that. Wilson just recently got into the AR game. Why don't you look at their posts from when they announced they were getting into ARs. It was not long ago lol. Keep up buddy. Read before you type.

I get it, people need to justify their purchases so they get on the internet and try to make themselves feel better. I have expensive ARs I have KAC's and a few BCMs and a few older colts, a few geisseles, that I've paid a lot of money for. I also have a bunch of psa' and a few aeros. Every time I've thrown an expensive upper on a PSA lower I've had no fitment issues or ever felt like "oh weird this things out of spec" I've only ever felt out of spec with an anderson lower. Before the brace law I would always be swapping lowers Around so I didn't have to apply for a travel request from ATF just to go to work across the bridge with my sbr.

Also, I can bet on it that I know a lot more about firearm manufacturing than you do.

- You stated yourself AH was in the manufacturing business. Direct quote above. You have now managed to misquote yourself.

- Your pedantics aside, WC has been in the AR manufacturing business longer than Aero or PSA. Longevity doesn't prove absolute excellence. But it goes to accuracy and honesty when basic facts can't be managed.

- I have used far more PSA and Aero lowers over time than WC both in by business and personal weapons. No one here is trying to justify anything; it is utter foolishness to rant about name brands - or attack ones you don't know - without real experience or based on dollar prices.

The one thing we do know, is you know demonstrably less than anyone else in the thread about firearms manufacturing. Let's try to stick to facts and not be childishly insulting and petty. Fortunately, the forum has an "ignore" feature for the petulantly inclined.

So which one of you two has the bigger dick? I'm sure you've flopped em out and measured by now :rolleyes: . Jesus, it's a lower receiver and you two are acting like the winner gets to shag Charlize Theron raw.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top