JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You got the hard assignment because Coach's Special Snowflake needed the help inflating his sub-retard grades. Jocks always get preferential treatment...

The powers at be ate still holding documents on JFK, so I doubt ANYONE will ever be able to prove Vegas was a conspiracy...

But I suppose the fun involved with disparaging non-believers using ad hominem and reductio ad Absurdum is inebriating...

:D

The powers at be ate still holding documents on JFK, so I doubt ANYONE will ever be able to prove Vegas was a conspiracy...

But I suppose the fun involved with disparaging non-believers using ad hominem and reductio ad Absurdum is inebriating...

:D

Didn't Trump just authorize the release of a bunch of documents regarding the Kennedy assassination? I'm curious to see if anything new or surprising comes out of those documents.

Conspiracy documents can't be released for X amount of years (I think its okay to release once all presidents who were alive at the time are gone?), so eventually things come to light.

So I am on both sides of the fence on this one. I don't want to think that this is a conspiracy but and its a big but. IMHO there is no way one guy can lay down that much fire in that amount of time to do the damage that he did.:rolleyes:

So I am on both sides of the fence on this one. I don't want to think that this is a conspiracy but and its a big but. IMHO there is no way one guy can lay down that much fire in that amount of time to do the damage that he did.:rolleyes:

You know what I'd like to see - someone actually test that theory. Go to a range somewhere in the middle of nowhere - a place that has an elevated firing position down at about the same angle and distance. Give that person a little bit of training. Load them up with the same supposed weapons the shooter had. Have someone run the clock and determine when and where he was supposed to be shooting and how many rounds he let loose. Then see if it really is impossible for one man to do that. I'll bet a decently backed YT gun channel or two could pull this little test off.

So far everyone is speculating, deciding what this guy could or couldn't do. Problem is, for every theory, you can punch holes in it, often using some simple rationale.

If it were impossible for this guy to do this, I would love to see someone prove it actually couldn't be done. If that could objectively be shown, then we could eliminate a number of possibilities.

Sounds like a reasonable way to process through this - or am I out of my mind? :confused:

Stephen Paddock's hotel room laptop missing hard drive.

Las Vegas shooter's laptop missing its hard drive

"... A laptop computer recovered from the Las Vegas hotel room where Stephen Paddock launched the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history was missing its hard drive, depriving investigators of a potential key source of information on why he killed and maimed so many people, ABC News has learned. ..."​

Sounds like a reasonable way to process through this - or am I out of my mind? :confused:
These needn't be mutually exclusive.:p
While it is basically impossible to prove a negative, it would certainly be a way to show that it is plausible. I wouldn't think it would take too much setup or expense to do so.

For those that believe we've heard the whole story about the Vegas shooter, howzabout listening to the official Air Traffic Control chatter from the Las Vegas airport during the shooting.

"We have active shooters on the runway."
" They're on the airport property."
"I'm talking to like 7 different people."

The FAA doesn't screw around with this kind of stuff. If they say there was an active shooter on the airport grounds, it's a pretty damned good bet there was at least one there.

To quote one of our members here:

"Hey, if I want to know the truth and get all the facts
the first places I go are YouTube and Facebook.:confused:
.......and Twitter. Can't forget Twitter.

Curious how folks will be feeling and commenting when the stink of Vegas becomes even more apparent?

For those that believe we've heard the whole story about the Vegas shooter, howzabout listening to the official Air Traffic Control chatter from the Las Vegas airport during the shooting.

"We have active shooters on the runway."
" They're on the airport property."
"I'm talking to like 7 different people."

The FAA doesn't screw around with this kind of stuff. If they say there was an active shooter on the airport grounds, it's a pretty damned good bet there was at least one there.

I'm a little suspicious due to my skeptical nature. Do we know how this recording was obtained? It's quite easy to fake something like this, and as we have seen all evidence has been tightly controlled. Even if real, wouldn't it be possible for the ATC to mistake the shooting activity from Mandalay Bay as near or in the airport? I'd like to know more about this.

I'm a little suspicious due to my skeptical nature. Do we know how this recording was obtained? It's quite easy to fake something like this, and as we have seen all evidence has been tightly controlled. Even if real, wouldn't it be possible for the ATC to mistake the shooting activity from Mandalay Bay as near or in the airport? I'd like to know more about this.
I would imagine it came from the ATC's archives, or may have been obtained by someone listening live.
You can do that here:
Live,...
Listen to Live ATC (Air Traffic Control) Communications | LiveATC.net

Archives,...
Airport Detail: LAS | LiveATC.net

Well, I went to Live ATC just a while ago (I already knew about that site) and listened to both full recordings there - the one posted above is the tower, the other recording they have is approach - that's the one where you can hear flights being diverted and delayed - though the approach controllers, unlike the tower controller, never mention an 'active shooter', only an 'incident'.

Not sure what would be suggested by the recordings except to say that there was obvious confusion in the immediate aftermath of the incident, and, like most of us, the first info coming out can be laden with inaccuracies.

So, I did some more searching and found this article from the Las Vegas Review Journal - they note that during the shooting, some 300 folks broke through the airport perimeter fence trying to escape the shooting, and ran across the airport, including 2 runways, which lead to a shutdown of the airport:

Updated October 3, 2017 - 8:30 pm

About 300 people fleeing the mass shooting at Mandalay Bay managed to break through the security fence surrounding McCarran International on Sunday night, wandered onto an active airfield and brought flights to a halt, airport officials said.

The fence was breached in two areas as concertgoers from the Route 91 Harvest Festival streamed into the airport looking for a place to hide, airport spokeswoman Christine Crews said Tuesday.

Around 10:15 p.m. Sunday — just seven minutes after gunman Stephen Paddock started shooting — the breach prompted airport officials to close the two parallel runways on the airport's western edge closest to the Strip, known as 1L/19R and 1R/19L.

An hour later, runways 8L/26R and 8R/26L on the airport's south end were also closed, bringing traffic to a standstill at the nation's eighth-busiest airport, Crews said.

The shutdown led to 25 flight diversions on Sunday, with a majority of planes sent to Phoenix. Flights were also rerouted to airports in Los Angeles; Ontario, California; Bullhead City, Arizona; Salt Lake City and Denver.

It was unclear how many, but "a majority" of those planes eventually reached Las Vegas shortly after flights resumed at 12:40 a.m. Monday, Crews said. Airport personnel guarded the gashed fence until it was repaired at 1:10 a.m.

After busting through the security fence, the panicked group scattered across the airfield, Crews said.

About 30 of them managed to get as far as Allegiant Air's maintenance facility on the airport's east end, company spokeswoman Hilarie Grey said. Once inside, they received food, water, blankets and a chance to charge their cellphones. Clothes were provided to those whose pants or shirts were torn and snagged by broken security fence.

Source: McCarran's fence breached by people fleeing Las Vegas Strip shooting

Make of it what you will, but I can see quite easily how people running across the runways, combined with talk of a shooting could lead to reports of active shooters on the airport grounds. As we all know, getting accurate information in the middle of such an event can be nearly impossible.

Great link - it would be interesting to see if the archive contains that audio.

It does - there are 2 recordings on that site, including the one posted above, just a longer version of it. I actually went to the site after I saw that posted just to see if I could confirm if it was real.

It does - there are 2 recordings on that site, including the one posted above, just a longer version of it. I actually went to the site after I saw that posted just to see if I could confirm if it was real.

Thanks for dogging that down and confirming that the YouTube vid is correct!

Yeah, I wonder if there was ground level shooting that there would be shell casings in different places on the ground.......o_O

A full month later, and we are still without any answers. Even more worryingly, the Vegas shooting has disappeared from any cable news channel. Even online, discussion over the shooting has all but vanished,save from the more conspiratorial corners of the web.

My first thought was, since there is very little new information coming out, why would they keep talking about it?

Secondly, efforts to use it to sway the country toward gun control failed. No need to waste more time on it.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews