JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my area ethanol is added to regular gasoline only. I stay away from ethanol and use plus or super only which contains no ethanol.

I think ethanol added to fuel is a scam. If ethanol is such a great gasoline additive, that is supposed to reduce fuel cost, why is it only .10 cents lower than plus?

Look at all the subsidized GOV spending that goes into ethanol. From farmers growing the corn to the plants that produce ethanol.

We would be better of turning the corn into food or alcohol for human consumption, not some junk filler to add to regular gasoline!

M67

they sell ethanol free gas at shorty`s corner just west of sandy if anybody is interested

Didn't know that, thanks.

Yeah there is little if any efficiency gain with ethanol when you factor in the cost of raising the corn crop. Plus burning corn raises the price of food. Dumb. Farmers love it tho. I read the feds want to double down on this failure (naturally) by raising the ethanol content to 15%.

In newer computer controlled motors it lowers your MPG and it will eat up your gas lines and pump if they aren't made of SS.

However it might be good if you have an old motor that was built to burn leaded gas. Ethanol cools the charge and will help to prevent detonation and protect those unhardened valves and seats. Still hard on the lines and pumps tho. My old 350 still pings climbing hills with E10 and that's with the timing pulled.

I get worse gas mileage when I use gas containing ethanol. There used to be a station that sold no ethanol fuel by the old wal-mart. Unfortunately, they have stopped doing so. Maybe if we call enough they will offer it again.

Nah......it doesn't have anything to do with a "pollution zone" or the southwest clean air agency/WDOE. It was good old Chris Gregoire and the green weenies. Renewable energy...blah..blah.

Snappy's out on Mill Plain towrds the Wal-Mart used to have ethanol free gas. Don't remember if it was regular or what.

There was a time about 15 years ago when we had the ethanol crap during the winter because of carbon monoxide air pollution. That lasted 2 or 3 years is all.

I always thought it was a mandatory thing as well... I also thought they put it in with the plus and premium as well... Guess thats what I get for thinking.

The only way I knew of was if you got gas out of an airplane pump or boat fuel docks.

In my area ethanol is added to regular gasoline only. I stay away from ethanol and use plus or super only which contains no ethanol.

May want to double check that. At every gas station I have appraised, the mid-grade is just a blend of the regular and premium that occurs during pumping. The stations are delivered only regular and premium, and in fact frequently only have two tanks (plus one for diesel if they carry it). No experience in Columbia County though.

I wish we could get more ethenol free fuel. My civic gets 45 with non ethanol and 38 with. The only place local is 45 minutes from my house. It's total BS that is nothing but a way to get more tax money from us.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews