JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A man was shot in the face during a break-in at a Vancouver home Thursday morning, police said.

Vancouver Police Department spokeswoman Kim Kapp said police were called to a home in the 3500 block of McLoughlin Boulevard at 11:48 a.m. on a report of a disturbance.

Kapp said the resident of the home confronted an intruder, whom he knew. The men got into an argument, police said, and the resident shot the other man in the face.

When officers arrived, they found the 22-year-old shooting victim sitting on the curb and talking to bystanders, said Kapp said.

He was taken to a hospital and in serious condition.

Caleb Dittmer lives nearby and said he heard gunfire.

"The neighbor across the street said this gentleman broke into his house, stole some things from him. And he said he shot him," Dittmer said.

Police said no arrests have been made.

<broken link removed>

This is another case where based on the "witness" who was blabbing all over the news, where the shooter hath spoken too much and too early. I understand the desire and need to talk about it but someone summed it up well the other day with "what they thought they heard you say" will hang you even if it was a justified shooting. :s0159:

I only hope that I will remember to shut up should the need ever arise.

This is another case where based on the "witness" who was blabbing all over the news, where the shooter hath spoken too much and too early. I understand the desire and need to talk about it but someone summed it up well the other day with "what they thought they heard you say" will hang you even if it was a justified shooting. :s0159:

I only hope that I will remember to shut up should the need ever arise.

Keeping your mouth shut reduces the fodder for prosecution and civil suits. It is human nature to talk about what you've done. Just because it's human nature doesn't mean its smart.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads